Paramount747

Hard Rock Hotel and Residential|Zoned for 30 Stories|Proposed|Swerdling

5 posts in this topic

I've never stayed in a Hard Rock (been between quite a few of 'em), and I don't particularly care to stay in one, but I've broken down and given in, for just once, to stay two nights in early-mid July at the one on Chicago's North Michigan Ave. (in the historic Carbide and Carbon Bldg.).  It's the actual building itself that has fascinated me for decades

post-29451-0-57191800-1433528565_thumb.j  post-29451-0-32804200-1433528566_thumb.j

-==-

Edited by rookzie
1 person likes this

I've never stayed in a Hard Rock (been between quite a few of 'em), and I don't particularly care to stay in one, but I've broken down and given in, for just once, to stay two nights in early-mid July at the one on Chicago's North Michigan Ave. (in the historic Carbide and Carbon Bldg.).  It's the actual building itself that has fascinated me for decades

attachicon.gifCarbide+Carbon_HardRock.jpg  attachicon.gifcarbide-and-carbon-building.jpg

-==-

Yes, way cool building. Love a report post your stay there.

You said July and for a moment there you had me thinking you were in town for the Dead show, but you said mid-July and the Dead play 4th July weekend. No doubt you will encounter a few Deadheads who haven't yet found their way out of town. Be nice to them, they mean no harm.

Yes, way cool building. Love a report post your stay there.

You said July and for a moment there you had me thinking you were in town for the Dead show, but you said mid-July and the Dead play 4th July weekend. No doubt you will encounter a few Deadheads who haven't yet found their way out of town. Be nice to them, they mean no harm.

I'll be at the Chicago Hard Rock July 7, returning to Nashville on the 9th, so actually it's "more early" than mid (not mid at all really), but I will be missing the event itself, since I'll actually be en route from Vancouver, BC for Portland on that Saturday the 4th, not to head for Chicago until the late afternoon of the 5th.  I'm used to "unorthodox" encounters, so before something "smolders", I usually just materialize somewhere else.  At any rate, thanks for the heads-up.

-==-

No rendering in the article however, and since the Grand Hyatt failed, we shall see.