Providence Road Development

BuzzCity

4 hours ago, JBS said:

I would respectfully say that you've gone too far.  It's much less than it should/could be but it's much more than a strip mall.  Just the residential, hotel and office space differentiate from a strip mall.  The lots are very poorly designed (IMO) but it is walkable from the residential to the offices to the retail.  I've seen a lot better though (including those mentioned above).

Ya.  You're right.  But if you don't live or work there....that's pretty much the feeling you get when you go there.  

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry about going to Waverly since many of you think the design is awful. Nobody goes there anymore because it is so crowded LOL. With just a handful of shops and restaurants open I had to circle and circle to find a parking spot! Teds, Porter House and Chuys are packing them in! Anyway some updated photos notice the park in front of Hilton Garden Inn is taking shape. I think it has an interactive fountain. It is coming together nicely. 

Rea Farms Village I noticed has lots of vertical construction. The framing is all done on the huge Lifetime Fitness center and steel framing is going up on the retail space yet the mega Teeter is still just cleared for the slab pour. 

DSCN1621.JPG

DSCN1622.JPG

DSCN1630.JPG

DSCN1632.JPG

• Like 4

13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Don't worry about going to Waverly since many of you think the design is awful. Nobody goes there anymore because it is so crowded LOL. With just a handful of shops and restaurants open I had to circle and circle to find a parking spot!

To be fair, I'm sure you could have found dozens and dozens of spaces in the massive surface lot in front of Ulta and then just walked to your destination. The circling was just to find something closer to your destination right?

2 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Preferably within 30' of the front door, of course!

Not quite it was that busy but yes I did try. I guess the point I was making many on this board don't like this mixed use project but it is proving to be a big draw for the south south Charlotte suburbs and Union county already

10 hours ago, jednc said:

To be fair, I'm sure you could have found dozens and dozens of spaces in the massive surface lot in front of Ulta and then just walked to your destination. The circling was just to find something closer to your destination right?

Yes plenty over there but since the sidewalks are still jacked up some closed not practical at this point. All these parking problems will go away once the deck behind the hotel opens and frees the employees to park there and customers closer to the stores and restaurants. However like I said my main point is that this is major success a suburban town center and another one is going in across the street as in Lincoln Harris's Rea Farms Village. 

Sounds like both of you have already been there see you next time  at Chuys or Teds

• Like 2

I think it is fair to say that the people dining at those restaurants are not visiting because this is a beautifully designed destination development. They just want the food. You could have opened Chuy's or Ted's in just about any building with 4 walls and a roof and people would still flock to them. 

• Like 3

On 4/30/2017 at 7:43 PM, KJHburg said:

Not quite it was that busy but yes I did try. I guess the point I was making many on this board don't like this mixed use project but it is proving to be a big draw for the south south Charlotte suburbs and Union county already

Yes plenty over there but since the sidewalks are still jacked up some closed not practical at this point. All these parking problems will go away once the deck behind the hotel opens and frees the employees to park there and customers closer to the stores and restaurants. However like I said my main point is that this is major success a suburban town center and another one is going in across the street as in Lincoln Harris's Rea Farms Village. 

Sounds like both of you have already been there see you next time  at Chuys or Teds

I love Chuy's. Haven't tried Ted's yet. I was on a 5 year email campaign to get Chuy's in Charlotte before they opened. It beats driving to Houston to get my fix but man I wish they were still in Southpark or better still up at the lake. I'm indifferent to the shopping center in that I'd visit them anywhere.

Edited by jednc
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, QClifer said:

I was never impressed with chuy's food at SP, the food never seemed to be hot and didnt have much taste,  the happy hour free chips and cqueso dip was great though

I have to say a little something is lost from their Houston and Austin locations before they were bought out and started expanding outside of Texas. Still, it's close enough to bring back the good memories for me.

• Like 2

Whole Foods opens May 23 at Waverly. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article148681329.html  Happy Cinco de Mayo and go by Chuys for some creamy Jalapeno dip and chips and some cerveza.  ¡Disfrute el día!

Here is the new Lifetime Fitness Center opening across Providence at Rea Farms Village Lincoln Harris's project. Opens in the fall. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article148553359.html

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Couple from Waverly today and Whole Foods there is looking better and imageproxy.php?img=&key=cfdcdf7370b84370closer to opening which I think is May 23 More of the retail has opened, Some artificial turf has been installed in that courtyard. 

DSCN2008.JPG

DSCN2009.JPG

DSCN2010.JPG

DSCN2011.JPG

I'm sure none of the accoutrement is there but freaking A this is sparse and antiseptic. 

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm sure none of the accoutrement is there but freaking A this is sparse and antiseptic. 

Still a huge construction site and I just notice a few trees today. Still not done nor is the water feature is in etc. it is amazing to me how much construction is still going on and yet some of the retailers and restaurants are open.  Chuys opened in December and construction is still going on elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Rea Farms Village Lincoln Harris's south Charlotte is really rising. Apartments, retail under construction as is the Lifetime Fitness  Photos 1 and 2 retail shops rising and photos 3/4 Lifetime Fitness and it is HUGE! Here is the site plan for a refresher http://www.reafarmsvillage.com/site-plan/   This is across from Waverly and Whole Foods opens Tuesday there and they were having a party outside today. Lifetime Fitness is 192,000 sq ft. 

CAM07855 (1).jpg

CAM07856.jpg

CAM07858.jpg

CAM07859.jpg

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the new Publix at Providence and Hwy 51 in Arboretum area will look like a 2 story building to hide the 2 level parking deck very interesting.  

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2017/045-060/2017-057 site plan 3rd rev.pdf

Further down Providence I noticed the retail at Rea Farms Village is really rising steel framing up yet the Harris Teeter pad site is getting weedy. Interesting. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am enjoying everyone being out of town traffic is so light it is great. Anyway here is Lincoln Harris's Rea Farms Village mixed use project. (this one has a name) . Retail buildings rising, apartments rising over retail, new Lifetime Fitness (at 185,000 sq ft has to be the biggest fitness athletic club in town)  It is amazing they are building a new town center for south Charlotte and Weddington here. I heard the retail is leasing very well! 

DSCN3059.JPG

DSCN3060.JPG

DSCN3061.JPG

DSCN3062.JPG

DSCN3063.JPG

DSCN3064.JPG

• Like 4

A couple from Waverly yesterday and the upper balcony of the Whole Foods is neat it has astroturf up there and nice chairs to relax. The Korean Japanese place is inside the Whole Foods and despite the name Kei Jei I am not affiliated with this LOL

DSCN3054.JPG

DSCN3055.JPG

DSCN3056.JPG

DSCN3057.JPG

DSCN3058.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Havent been down this way in a while but here are photos of Rea Farms Village and it is coming along. Like the varied styles of the retail buildings. That huge Lifetime Fitness Center is unlike anything seen in Charlotte. Looks like since July 21 was the last time according to my above photos. 1. Lifetime Fitness 2/3 apartments above retail  The rest are all retail. 

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0576.JPG

IMG_0577.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

IMG_0582.JPG

• Like 2

Closer in on Providence at Fairview massive construction at Northwood Ravin's  new Providence Row apartment complex across from Strawberry Hill which is also being redeveloped too now. I hadnt seen this yet wow what a change at that intersection.  Pile of red dirt is part of the Strawberry Hill redux the rest is across Providence. 

IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0705.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...