Providence Road Development

BuzzCity

2 hours ago, UrbanCharlotte said:

Does anyone remember when work is supposed to begin on the Ardrey Kell extension to Tilley Morris from Waverly? 

Parts of it are being built but there is a missing link not sure the timetable. the new Pulte home community off Tilley Morris has a part of it open or underway now and of course there there is a section from Waverly.   

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Parts of it are being built but there is a missing link not sure the timetable. the new Pulte home community off Tilley Morris has a part of it open or underway now and of course there there is a section from Waverly.   

This is the last segment, just not sure when it is scheduled to be completed. 

Ardrey Kell.JPG

1 hour ago, UrbanCharlotte said:

This is the last segment, just not sure when it is scheduled to be completed. 

then it is well underway I remember driving into the new Pulte neighborhood but they had the street blocked so I could not get all the way.  once that complete is more complete I am sure it will open then.  

• Like 1

Driving south on Providence went by the renovated Strawberry Hill shopping center at Providence/Fairview/Rama.   They built a new Fresh Market and Superica is going in the old Fresh Market space once renovated.   1. new apartments across Providence from SH  2. 3. New Fresh Market 4. new Superica location and patio will be right.

IMG_6025.JPG

IMG_6026.JPG

IMG_6028.JPG

IMG_6029.JPG

• Like 4

While I do like the lawn and ground floor retail, I’d have to say Waverly is my favorite of the two, if not one of the best mixed use developments in the region. It’s constantly bustling with people walking from work, to home, or to the awesome selection of dining and shopping. Not to mention the architecture and green space is phenomenal, some may disagree.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised that they're demolishing the shopping center on Providence in front of Rea "We Bulldozed The" Farms Village.   That shopping center can't be more than 20 years old, probably newer.  Seems like another tenant could have occupied the space.  What are they replacing that plot with?

54 minutes ago, cltheel.sdl said:

I'm surprised that they're demolishing the shopping center on Providence in front of Rea "We Bulldozed The" Farms Village.   That shopping center can't be more than 20 years old, probably newer.  Seems like another tenant could have occupied the space.  What are they replacing that plot with?

Probably columns and domes

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 10:37 PM, cltheel.sdl said:

Atrium Health is building a freestanding  emergency department as well as a medical office building.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Providence Rd @ International Dr.

These are all LevineLand properties from the apartment complex to the "plaza/retail" center in the back of International Dr

The property in question for this post is the Providence Square shopping plaza with the pond right next to it.

image.png.795bd5de66dc70f6c93683fbdf0595d5.png

Over the past few months there has been some REALLY SLOW demo work going on on one of the buildings (removing HVAC equipment, etc), this morning I was passing by and decided to divert and check on the progress.

They started demo work on the second building (on the left), the slow and cautious demo was for the building on the right.  They seem to be ripping up the actual building in this case.

image.png.9efb0073216c069d00793dacb3737ad1.png

There is a "partial demo" permit here: https://webpermit.mecklenburgcountync.gov/Default.aspx?PossePresentation=Project&PosseObjectId=211855057

Has anyone heard any plans for this property? (total of 7.5 acres, but hidden off Providence Rd)

ps: we should probably have a dedicated LevineLand thread, so we don't pollute all other threads.

• Like 4

speaking of Providence Road the town of Weddington is named the BEST suburb in NC.  Located next to Marvin north of Waxhaw west of Wesley Chapel and south of Charlotte is there any wonder.  

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/12/02/charlotte-suburb-named-best-in-north-carolina.html

Is it any wonder why the Waverly and Blakeney shopping areas are packed all the time?  Average Weddington income is $133xxx +

• Like 3

15 hours ago, KJHburg said:

speaking of Providence Road the town of Weddington is named the BEST suburb in NC.  Located next to Marvin north of Waxhaw west of Wesley Chapel and south of Charlotte is there any wonder.  

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/12/02/charlotte-suburb-named-best-in-north-carolina.html

Is it any wonder why the Waverly and Blakeney shopping areas are packed all the time?  Average Weddington income is $133xxx +

Weddington and Waxhaw are gorgeous, but unless you work from home, commuting is a nightmare.

• Like 3