Providence Road Development

BuzzCity

• 2 weeks later...

Levine is involved in this project the old Providence Square shopping center.  Drive by today and demo being done.  Here is an article about it too in the Biz Journal. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/09/24/inside-plans-for-this-south-charlotte-center-s-9m.html

this shopping center is a hot mess and 1 or 2 tenants seem to be open still.  

2nd last photo is new clubhouse for the older apartments. 

IMG_8850.JPG

IMG_8852.JPG

IMG_8854.JPG

IMG_8855.JPG

IMG_8856.JPG

IMG_8857.JPG

IMG_8858.JPG

IMG_8859.JPG

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, nashbill said:

If I remember correctly Kroger owns Harris Teeter.  Having lived in Nashville, a lot of Kroger stores had gas pumps and a small walk up kiosk for some snacks. They were run by Kroger.  You could use your Kroger card for gas savings. 

Harris Teeter does give 3 cents off a gallon and your Kroger shoppers card works too at Harris Teeter as I use mine all the time.

8 hours ago, Nick2 said:

What about Sheetz? It's my favorite! (Although I haven't been to a Wawa)

Sheetz is not coming into the Charlotte area I heard somekind of agreement between them and QuikTrip to stay in their lanes. That is why the closest Sheetz to Charlotte are in Troutman exit 42 and on I-85 up in Salisbury.    QT is better in my opinion anyway than Wawa or Sheetz. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Sheetz is not coming into the Charlotte area I heard somekind of agreement between them and QuikTrip to stay in their lanes. That is why the closest Sheetz to Charlotte are in Troutman exit 42 and on I-85 up in Salisbury.    QT is better in my opinion anyway than Wawa or Sheetz. 

This agreement only prevents them from being within 5 miles of each other.

I have been to Philly for business and WaWa's were everywhere.  They were really good and really popular. Also went back to Pittsburgh (family visit) and Sheetz were everywhere and also good. I liked WaWa's better. Seems WaWa's were Eastern Pa dominate and Sheetz were Western PA dominate.  QT is good as well.  But I'd like to have WaWa's here if they aren't already here.

• Like 1

Back in the Nashville time of my life your points could get you $0.10 off and maybe more.  The more points you had the bigger savings.  I also remember that Home Depot had gas pumps as well. I didn't remember that until you guyz were talking about convenience stores.  Also certain Shell Stations would accept your Kroger points for your discounts on gas. Ok, enough as everybody nods off to boring content.

Giant Eagle actually has quite a few locations with their Get Go gas station out in front.  It was really well received by virtually everyone I can think of. I remember my parents running in to buy gift cards for the dinner at whatever suburban chain we were about to go to lol.. But instead of just paying cash at the restaurant go buy the gift card and get gas points.  My friend took his family to Disney and did this too.  Not a bad thing to work in your advantage

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

KJ-Re:  Teeter style--The Temple Of Food at SouthPark?

I like the design of the Myers Park store better not as big but that 2nd floor balcony area is great place to eat and have a drink when open which I am sure it is not right now. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Checked out Waverly and Rea Farms for the first time since completed and I have to say despite a strange as hell road layout, Waverly is 5x better in every way. It was confusing to get anywhere. Try getting to Bojangles.  As for Rea Farms, per usual Lincoln Harris massively under delivered. What a worthless development Rea Farms is. They couldn't get a single decent retailer or restaurant?