Providence Road Development

BuzzCity

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Had dinner tonight in Waverly.  This place looks great and kudos to Childress Klein and Crescent both involved in the project.  Great mix of retail, hotel, 2 office buildings, for sale townhomes, for sale SF homes, apartments etc.  Very walkable and a de facto town center for south Charlotte and parts of Union County. 

they even wrap the townhomes around the parking decks to hide them.  Drove through Lincoln Harris Rea Farms Village and it was bustling too just much more spread out.  Greystar bought one of their office building sites.  That Lifetime Fitness and the mega Harris Teeter reportedly the 2nd busiest in the Teeter chain are big magnets over there. 

20230601_164954.jpg

20230601_165416.jpg

20230601_165450.jpg

20230601_165554.jpg

20230601_165559.jpg

20230601_182417.jpg

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 8:24 PM, NC980 said:

Kind of random, but how come I have heard nothing about arboretum redevelopment? I live over here and thought we were getting a new grocery store, back branches and other mixed used buildings and stores. Are they waiting for Waverly and Rea Farms to finish before announcing anything? How long do projects typically take to begin after approval?Because wasn't  it approved in  September 2017? I just think it's weird to heat of approval like 20 months ago, and then never hear an update.

https://www.ldiline.com/jobs/4341/details/publix-1824-arboretum-charlotte-nc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Publix long lead time from announcement of a new store to actual construction I think this is part of their plans.  They announce a store like this one or the one in the Carmel Commons area to scare off new competitors then build years later all part of their plan.    But now it seems close to construction.  Plus all these infill sites they go into are more difficult to build on and usually have to clear the site.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gman430 said:

The delay was for BofA to relocate because the Publix is going in their spot (BofA moved into the new spot a month ago).  I drove by this a few days ago on the way to the vet and there is a ton of construction stuff on site but I didn't notice any concrete being poured yet. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Little more on this new little IKEA in south Charlotte from the Biz Journal

""IKEA is introducing its new small-store format in Charlotte this year.

The Swedish furniture giant said today it will open a 15,000-square-foot store this summer at 10844 Providence Road in south Charlotte. It has signed a lease for that space, which is within the Promenade on Providence shopping center.

The new store is described as a "plan and order point" location. It will allow customers to meet with IKEA employees to help with more complex planning and ordering, such as items for the kitchen, bedroom and bathrooms. The new stores' focus is on providing interior design planning, IKEA said in a news release.""

• Like 3

• 1 month later...