City Parks/Greenways

nashvillwill

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2022 at 1:19 PM, smeagolsfree said:

If they really want to show a disturbing non friendly movie filmed in Nashville, then they need to get their hands on a copy of Gummo. It was an independent film and supposed to be an Ohio town after a tornado. Most of it was filmed in the Nations & Sylvan Park area.

Missed this post two weeks ago. I had no idea, and I'm quite curious now - only hesitancy to watching immediately is that I like cats and especially the ones in my neighborhood :/. Just for fun, here are some stills from Gummo that I found online (on the left obviously) and current Google street views of the locations. Pretty much in my backyard (Charlotte & Morrow, and the substation at Morrow & 63rd). I guess the strip mall with the PepBoys and Save a Lot might not survive much longer, though. The power substation isn't going anywhere at least.

2048815177_Gummocompilation.thumb.jpg.f14b1627bbd2b20bd6dd21028ea0216a.jpg

Edited by AsianintheNations
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of NASHtoday:

September Sundown, a free concert series hosted by Musicians Corner, returns to Centennial Park on Fri., Sept. 2. Concerts happen each Friday evening through September, beginning at 5 p.m. A special two-day event will coincide with Americanafest on Fri., Sept. 16-Sat., Sept. 17.  Full schedule here:

https://www.musicianscornernashville.com/calendar?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2022.08.15 NASH&utm_term=NASHtoday Subscribers - MASTER

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Batey Farm properties purchased by Hendersonville and a nonprofit with the intent to turn the approximate 73 acres into a city park has a name and hopefully momentum in its development.

Heritage Park is the name approved by Hendersonville’s Board of Mayor and Aldermen after several steps.

The city owns the lower 35 acres of the property with a $3 million purchase in 2018. The goal at that time was to convert the former Batey Farm grounds to a passive park.

Friends of Indian Lake Peninsula bought the upper 38.41 acres for $1 million raised through donations from more than 800 donors.

Completed work includes:

• Hiking: 0.8 miles
  • Multipurpose hiking and biking: 0.3 miles
  • Mountain biking: 1.2 miles.
  • Farm property mowed natural trail: 1 mile.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/hendersonville/2022/08/15/heritage-park-approved-name-batey-farm-land-hendersonville/10192964002/

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 7.01.34 AM.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...