City Parks/Greenways

nashvillwill

16 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Panorama shot of part of the property that is being developed into Ravenwood Park. (The bench in the shot remains from when it was placed along one of the old Ravenwood Golf Course cart trails that were temporarily set up as walking trails before actual development of the new city park.) It is a beautiful property and will become one of the grand jewels of Metro’s Park System.

A14014F3-AC88-47D2-B4BE-877612EA3BA3.jpeg

Is there an estimated opening date for the phase 1 playground? 

I recall that an original plan for the riverfront had a lot of the floating dock walkways (I guessed because the river banks at areas is too steep), but what would the complications of doing that be along the whole west bank?  I imagine access points would be fewer and a challenge to build, especially to be ADA compliant.  Was that proposal broomed? 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 4:44 PM, markhollin said:

The State of Tennessee has paid $4.3 million for about 11.8 acres of raw land located on the fringe of Radnor Lake State Park.

According to a Davidson County Register of Deeds document, the seller was non-profit Friends of Radnor Lake.

The address of the Oak Hill property is 5070 Villa Crest Drive, with the parcel sitting on the north perimeter of, and adjacent to, the state-controlled park.

Friends of Radnor Lake paid about $5.1 million for the property in December 2021, Metro records show. The nonprofit, led by president Will Robinson, previously sold properties to the state so that the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC) Recreation Resources Division could protect those properties from development.

Radnor Lake State Park, also known as Radnor Lake State Natural Area and with a main address of 1160 Otter Creek Road, spanned 1,368 acres prior to the transaction. Created in 1973, its mammal species include otters, beavers, fox, mink, muskrat, bobcat, coyote and white-tailed deer. No camping, hunting or picnicking is permitted at the park.

More behind TheNashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/state-pays-4-3m-for-radnor-lake-area-site/article_0225bd16-bdd0-11ed-a4e4-b3aed06a2fb5.html

Pretty big loss if Friends of Radnor Lake paid $5.1M and sold for $4.3M just 15 months later. I am assuming there is some sort of tax deal or other benefit? If not that seems like a really bad usage of nonprofit money to lose 15% in that investment. 

• Like 2

On 3/13/2023 at 11:24 AM, Brichar4 said:

I’m sure it will get adjusted for cost some what but just seeing the general goals here is quite exciting. More activation on the river has always been needed in the parks, could set a good precedent for what they want to do on the east bank eventually!

How is Metro going to keep it from becoming  Tent City II?