City Parks/Greenways

nashvillwill

The Bellevue community recently was given a 51-acre gift from The Dorothy Cate and Thomas F. Frist Foundation — park land to be used for public green space, recreational areas and extended walking paths.

The property, valued at $212,100, is a forested site formerly owned by the Frist family. Metro Parks, the recipient of the donation, is creating a master plan for the acreage across the Harpeth River from Coley Davis Road behind a set of soccer fields.

When opened, the land will be officially be christened Cate Frist Park and it is hoped that the park will lead to the creation of the last 1.5-mile piece of the Harpeth River Greenway. Metro Parks had been in talks concerning the Frist property for several years.

More at The Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21067574/donation-gives-bellevue-new-park-potential-greenway-connector

Cate Frist Bellevue Park, May 8, 2019, aerial map.png

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, bigeasy said:

I rode on the greenway for the first time since July 4th and the bridge is still closed. Very frustrating that they are taking so much time. They initially closed it the 2nd week of Feb, so it has been 7 months!!!!

Yes, Parks is taking their time.    Site study determined that the current bridge location is unstable and the bridge will have to be relocated further from the river.     Metro is working on specs for a new bridge and re-routing of the greenway trail, and will put out bids this fall.      Probably looking at a 2020 construction.    Until then, users will have to use the unpaved detour path. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, CenterHill said:

Yes, Parks is taking their time.    Site study determined that the current bridge location is unstable and the bridge will have to be relocated further from the river.     Metro is working on specs for a new bridge and re-routing of the greenway trail, and will put out bids this fall.      Probably looking at a 2020 construction.    Until then, users will have to use the unpaved detour path. 

ugh that is depressing, but thanks for the information. I guess I will be using the Rosebank alternate route for my Titan's tailgating rides because the unpaved detour wasn't fun on the road bike.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Random question, but are there any plans currently on the books to improve Morgan Park in Germantown?  I think it'd be wonderful if it became sort of a focal point of that neighborhood, but as it stands right now it's more or less just a glorified empty grass lot, it seems, which is a shame and such a wasted opportunity in my opinion.

• Like 2