Design Center Expansion in South End

yorkconstruct

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

I know I might sound like a broken record but an Urban Outfitters would kill here. Thousands of millennials living nearby that make a decent salary to support certain types of fast fashion clothing stores like Urban Outfitters, Zara, H&M, Ect...

Average Store Size (in Sq Ft):
Urban Outfitters*: 9,000
H&M 20,000
Zara 10,000
Anthropologie* 8,000
Free People* 2,000

*Same Parent
FWIW, Free People is already in Atherton.

Major Retail Space in SouthEnd
Design Center Tower: 20,000
Spectrum SouthEnd Project: 40,000
Atherton: 110,500
Portman SouthEnd: 20,000

Mix and match away!

• Like 1

H&M 20,000
Zara 10,000
Anthropologie* 8,000
Free People* 2,000
*Same Parent
Major Retail Space in SouthEnd
Design Center Tower: 20,000
Spectrum SouthEnd Project: 40,000
Atherton: 110,500
Portman SouthEnd: 20,000

Mix and match away!

Haha but none of that is contiguous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, CLT> said:

H&M 20,000
Zara 10,000
Anthropologie* 8,000
Free People* 2,000

*Same Parent

As is Anthropologie (in Atherton). Why not shoot for the triumvirate in South End? Because Charlotte never met a chain it didn't like :tw_smirk: (and just to reconnect the Edens dots) . . . I'd prefer to see another local business cross over from Plaza Midwood athough the rents may be just a bit nosebleed.

Edited by davidclt

On 7/3/2019 at 7:16 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

CLT> said:

Haha but none of that is contiguous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The point was they ain't coming to SouthEnd unless someone builds some big ass boxes, all those spaces are way too small. Once the blocks between Hawkins/Dunavant/Distribution and S Tryon start to get redeveloped there might be some opportunity, but I hope a lot of those 50's warehouses get preserved in some manner.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

IMG_1051.JPG

Anyone got a scoop on when we can expect QC Pourhouse to open?  Their website looks like it is in good working order and Google says that it is already open, but it still looked like a construction site on the inside the last time I walked by.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CTiger said:

Anyone got a scoop on when we can expect QC Pourhouse to open?  Their website looks like it is in good working order and Google says that it is already open, but it still looked like a construction site on the inside the last time I walked by.

Don't know but I walked right by there and it was still under construction as I saw a contractor in there. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

How tall is each floor  on this tower? Looks awfully short. Final height doesn’t even look like it would be as tall as the 11 story Atherton. 

Ashton is 145' tall. This will be 170' tall. Each floor is 12 feet, until you get to the top floor, which is 14. Then there's a 3 foot parapet, and a elevator core that sticks up about 8 feet.

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Ashton is 145' tall. This will be 170' tall. Each floor is 12 feet, until you get to the top floor, which is 14. Then there's a 3 foot parapet, and a elevator core that sticks up about 8 feet.

Ashton* - too many A-tons in one block.