Design Center Expansion in South End

yorkconstruct

There was (still is?) a wine and painting shop right on the corner of Camden and West. My husband and I had one of our first dates there. [emoji4]

It’s a Fifth Third Bank now [emoji24]

On the plus side you can get a home loan and celebrate one of your first dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Took a closer look at the Hawk last night. I'm really surprised they didn't just go with the vinyl units typical in apartments these days, but good for them. Looks like maybe the center glazing panels will be operable and that's why they're not installed yet? I'm also not sure how any kind of skin is going to attach to the precast because I didn't see any visible attachment points. Unless whatever system they're using just screws into the precast panels somehow?

The skin will be the precast. It'll just get cleaned up and painted. As far as not using Vinyl goes... This will be the most expensive apartments in Charlotte.

image.png.9351495228d89fbfc6bd6f4052991352.png

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

The skin will be the precast. It'll just get cleaned up and painted. As far as not using Vinyl goes... This will be the most expensive apartments in Charlotte.

That would explain the lack of skin attachment points! And yeah, they're gonna have to get high rents off those units because those thin frame metal window systems that still adhere to energy requirements are... not cheap. That must be where the exterior budget went.

2 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

That would explain the lack of skin attachment points! And yeah, they're gonna have to get high rents off those units because those thin frame metal window systems that still adhere to energy requirements are... not cheap. That must be where the exterior budget went.

They are going to be beautiful units. Full of amenities you don't find in the penthouses at Ascent and Museum Tower.

hawk-apartment-bathrooms-south-end-charlotte.jpg

apartment-kitchen-hawk-south-end-apartments-charlotte.jpg

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How long do we think it'll be until Balfour Beatty Construction moves out of the Design Center? I feel like that is prominent retail space for larger retailers like H&M, Zara, or even a Tj Maxx. I'm not sure how large the space is to be honest as I've never been inside. But from the outside, I assume it's a large space. 

25 minutes ago, Cpink said:

How long do we think it'll be until Balfour Beatty Construction moves out of the Design Center? I feel like that is prominent retail space for larger retailers like H&M, Zara, or even a Tj Maxx. I'm not sure how large the space is to be honest as I've never been inside. But from the outside, I assume it's a large space. 

I think the question should be, how long do you think it'll be before Balfour Beatty expands and builds a taller building adjacent to the Design Center.

11 minutes ago, JorgiPorgi said:

For some reason I thought  ‘Sup Erica was a Charlotte restaurant. Had no idea it was a chain. 

Nashville has so much development outside of downtown.  Their core seems small but their development goes way outside of their central core.

It is more of a collection there are a couple in Atlanta, 1 now in Charlotte 1 now in Nashville, 1 in Houston but there is less than a dozen.  I don't call that a chain 

Gulch is separated from downtown by RR tracks but the heart of Southend is further away from our uptown core.    I might never complain about parking in Charlotte after driving around here in their central core.  

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 5:55 PM, KJHburg said:

It is more of a collection there are a couple in Atlanta, 1 now in Charlotte 1 now in Nashville, 1 in Houston but there is less than a dozen.  I don't call that a chain 

Gulch is separated from downtown by RR tracks but the heart of Southend is further away from our uptown core.    I might never complain about parking in Charlotte after driving around here in their central core.  

Its a Ford Fry restaurant concept. The first was at Krog St. Market in Atlanta.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Its a Ford Fry restaurant concept. The first was at Krog St. Market in Atlanta.

Yes he has a few concepts and there is talk of bringing another one of his concepts to the Design Center according to my sources.   He plans another location in Nashville and one in Cary too. 

• Like 3