Design Center Expansion in South End

yorkconstruct

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

They Hawk has its first retail tenant.

Emmy Squared Pizza.

https://www.emmysquaredpizza.com/

Brooklyn based chain with "Detroit" style pizza.  

Looks like they are also opening in P-M this summer.

Great news. Not to go off on a pizza tangent, but Detroit style pizza doesn't get enough love. I'll take that every day over Chicago. Don't @ me lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

They Hawk has its first retail tenant.

Emmy Squared Pizza.

https://www.emmysquaredpizza.com/

Brooklyn based chain with "Detroit" style pizza.  

Looks like they are also opening in P-M this summer.

Ugh I mean it looks good but they announced one in Plaza a few months ago and now the Mr. Ks place is going to be a pizza shop. Can we have some more variety please? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, michaelef said:

Ugh I mean it looks good but they announced one in Plaza a few months ago and now the Mr. Ks place is going to be a pizza shop. Can we have some more variety please? 

And not chains.

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

As someone who lives in South End, there is no good pizza here. I am thrilled. 

What about North Italia?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

As someone who lives in South End, there is no good pizza here. I am thrilled. 

That’s for sure. Pretty sure SouthEnd can handle a couple pizza places. I love Detroit style as well as the Midwest tavern style pizza that’s going in the Mr. Ks spot. I grew up with that style. 

Fuel is absolute trash. I was appalled at the pizza in this town when I moved here 7 years ago. It’s slowly gotten better.  But very happy to see something beside Neapolitan style. I like that style but there’s too much of it 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, JacksonH said:

And not chains.

What about North Italia?

North Italia is more of a Chain the Emmy's... I have had both, Emmy's is one of the best pizzas I have ever had. Plus North Italia is a bit of a walk for me. They are good though. I try to walk to everywhere I eat here in SouthEnd. 

11 hours ago, Bruco72 said:

That’s for sure. Pretty sure SouthEnd can handle a couple pizza places. I love Detroit style as well as the Midwest tavern style pizza that’s going in the Mr. Ks spot. I grew up with that style. 

Fuel is absolute trash. I was appalled at the pizza in this town when I moved here 7 years ago. It’s slowly gotten better.  But very happy to see something beside Neapolitan style. I like that style but there’s too much of it 

If you haven't tried them yet, Hawthorn's Sicilian style is great and room and board's detroit style is very good. 

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...