Design Center Expansion in South End

yorkconstruct

• 1 month later...

Honestly I have no issue with a project like this if it keeps the facade. Reminds me of projects Raleigh and Nashville have had for years, always have been jealous we couldn’t do something similar to preserve our buildings

^ Exactly this just puts a new building in the middle of the existing building and these floorplates for the office space is smaller thus will attract tenants who don't need a full floor more of a boutique office building.  

Remember this is something else proposed from the other Childress Klein RAM site on facing West Blvd next to the Lowes tower that is a tower site too.  That one will be much taller than this 9-10 story building. 

Asana is adding a building like this in Atlanta's Krog Street Market blending it with the existing renovated retail space. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

You can read the minutes on the Commission's page, but I'll say that it didn't go well for the applicant the first time around. It was very civil all around but the view of the Commissioners ended up being almost unanimous.

That is disappointing as this project looks great

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JeanClt said:

If this starts soon 3/4 corners b/w Camden and East/West Blvd will have towers rising…

Hopefully this does start soon. I have a feeling a lot of projects won't start I'd they don't break ground by the end of the year 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1