Design Center Expansion in South End

yorkconstruct

• 2 months later...

• 5 months later...
On 4/17/2018 at 7:37 PM, hinsp0 said:

The first rule of mentioning metro.m is that you must’ve been crap on by metro.m simply for posting something sensible.   I distinctly remember that you were crap on by said master of the universe for sensible posting, so mention away.  

All joking aside, some of the snarky sarcasm (much of which is hard to decipher on a site like this) is why I largely quit posting for an approximately 8 year period.  I, however, have come to appreciate much of urbanplanet’s modern snarky sarcasm.  It’s much more light hearted than it used to be.  Now... all joking back on the table, where’s edmundblackadder/previous numerous handles when you need him...

Also... I almost came to a conclusion as to whether Charlotte or Atlanta was better.  Then Raleigh came along and totally screwed with my efforts... 

I earned my wings. Received a stern warning for posting *muted trumpet sound* when a project was cancelled.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NcSc74 said:

25 stories will pop in south end.  Especially if around other mid rise.  Just what the skyline profile needs.

this is the problem with using this thread. 25 floor building was cancelled. Right now there is 14 floor tower on hawkins currently, plus likely a new office building in the next few weeks, and then another multifamily building an a hotel off in the future, but no 25 floor building for a little while.

MODERATORS: Please change the topic to Design Center 

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

this is the problem with using this thread. 25 floor building was cancelled. Right now there is 14 floor tower on hawkins currently, plus likely a new office building in the next few weeks, and then another multifamily building an a hotel off in the future, but no 25 floor building for a little while.

MODERATORS: Please change the topic to Design Center 

There is an announced 14 story tower here? Or soon to be announced? 

There is an announced 14 story tower here? Or soon to be announced? 

Yep. Hawkins tower. Residential.898cf9ee4b60ea701cf82418e8a63262.jpg
Here’s an elevation. I colored it in, but I’m sure it’ll be beige lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Yep. Hawkins tower. Residential.898cf9ee4b60ea701cf82418e8a63262.jpg
Here’s an elevation. I colored it in, but I’m sure it’ll be beige lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is in addition to the 25 story tower?!  Yes!  MODERATORS: Please change the topic to Design Center - 39 Stories! 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, pgsinger said:

This is in addition to the 25 story tower?!  Yes!  MODERATORS: Please change the topic to Design Center - 39 Stories! 

The Meyers Park,South Park and any other random NIMBY group would lose their mind, screaming at random reporters about this on Twitter. Probably saying something along the lines of Legacy Union in their back yard or something else incoherent 

• dubone changed the title to Design Center Expansion in South End
10 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Building permit for footing/foundation issued last Friday.

we should hear about phase 3 any day now i hope :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: well hopefully not until 2019, don't want my prediction to be wrong. haha

Edited by Guest

speaking of the DC here is a preview of new Hawkers Asian Street Fare restaurant opening for Chinese New Year in early Feb.   (Perhaps the next meet up spot for UP?)

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/12/18/photos-hawkers-asian-street-fare-ceo-shares-sneak.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2018-12-18&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1545165923&j=85615561

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...