Design Center Expansion in South End

yorkconstruct

8 minutes ago, wilmore said:

Posting this article originally would have been a whole lot more helpful, especially considering the author was in this thread saying to Google it...

I blame seasonal affective disorder, we got our first glimpse of spring up here only to be dashed by winter coming right back Sunday and Today. 

20 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

I meant in a manner of how would the retail impact south end and how much exactly.

There's no metric for that. I'm not even sure how that would be answered.

I'm with Ricky Davis Fan. Sure it was a snarky response, but you honestly habitually post absurd things. No offense.

All in favor of snarky sarcasm to ridiculous questions say "aye".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Asking for someone to summarize something complicated is a little silly.

That’s actually the entire reason I enjoy reading this forum. It’s nice to be able to get a condensed view of the overall plans of what’s happening around town. Not all of us can or want to dig through the minutiae of every proposal.  

Edited by Matthew.Brendan
correct auto-correct
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

That’s actually the entire reason I enjoy reading this forum. It’s nice to be able to get a condensed view of the overall plans of what’s happening around town. Not all of us can or want to dig through the minutiae of every proposal.  

Alright. So here goes. Ram originally bought the entire structure and turned it into the Design Center. They sold to Asana, who specializes in adaptive re-use for a huge price of $48M. Asana received the historic structures and the parking deck that was developed prior to the sale. Asana retained numeous outparcels that they plan on developing for residential, retail, and possible some additional office. Ram has announced a 14 floor boutique apartment building on Hawkins and Doggett. Asana's plans are retail and boutique office. Retail is along "tomkins alley" an alley that bisects the property, and restaurants will mostly face Camden, Worthington or the center courtyard that has the water tower in the middle of it.  Below are renderings of Asana's plans, plus floorplans, and below that is possible future buildout by Ram. 

South-End-Design-Center-cover.jpg

image.thumb.png.89a237e25f28017796488b01cce0f20a.png

image.thumb.png.45b673e149ccbd93fa17c29c1c27d8d1.png

image.thumb.png.c09b45403101655b1ac96af4a6cc0b8a.png

image.thumb.png.cd4f38444b4e6e709cde17ec19a1292e.png

image.thumb.png.4a61af1af484ad64fdacb741d0e103c7.png

unnamed-3.thumb.png.55196a5cc6c266a4c7d7840b196b5ccc.png

Edited by Guest

Thank you RDF, Sorry for my incompetence. 

2 hours ago, Hunted said:

I'm with Ricky Davis Fan. Sure it was a snarky response, but you honestly habitually post absurd things. No offense.

Offense taken and sorry I didn’t realize asking questions, speculating, getting in discussions, etc.  on a platform that encourages all of what I listed is absurd.

• Like 2

For those who haven't been by in a while, the courtyard around the water tower at the design center is being worked on now, and looks pretty good.  Superica looks like it is nearing completion, as the interior is being decorated, and I saw them hauling furniture inside recently.  Barcelona looks like it has a ways to go still.  There is a ton of excavation going on around the building, where it looks like there will be a good amount of added patio space and street presence.  The cafe in the front has some steel framing up, but the entire patio out front is still mostly just a patch of dirt.  I'll try to get some pictures when I walk by today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cadi40 said:

Thank you RDF, Sorry for my incompetence. 

Offense taken and sorry I didn’t realize asking questions, speculating, getting in discussions, etc.  on a platform that encourages all of what I listed is absurd.

Eh, fair enough. I'll concede. I'm honestly just as in-the-know as you. I enjoy looking at tall stuff like everyone else. Who am I to judge?!

• Like 2

Sincere thanks for the summary @ricky_davis_fan_21.

I've been following this thread since its creation but sometimes so much new info and revisions get posted it's hard to keep up with specifics of the project especially when there are a few dozen other project threads to try to keep up with.

A little snarky sarcasm is fine on occasion but too much of it can make this forum toxic which none of us want.

• Like 2