yorkconstruct

Design Center Tower - 25 Stories in South End

8 minutes ago, wilmore said:

Posting this article originally would have been a whole lot more helpful, especially considering the author was in this thread saying to Google it...

I blame seasonal affective disorder, we got our first glimpse of spring up here only to be dashed by winter coming right back Sunday and Today. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

I meant in a manner of how would the retail impact south end and how much exactly.

There's no metric for that. I'm not even sure how that would be answered.

I'm with Ricky Davis Fan. Sure it was a snarky response, but you honestly habitually post absurd things. No offense.

All in favor of snarky sarcasm to ridiculous questions say "aye".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Asking for someone to summarize something complicated is a little silly.

That’s actually the entire reason I enjoy reading this forum. It’s nice to be able to get a condensed view of the overall plans of what’s happening around town. Not all of us can or want to dig through the minutiae of every proposal.  

Edited by Matthew.Brendan
correct auto-correct
  • Like 2

Thank you RDF, Sorry for my incompetence. 

2 hours ago, Hunted said:

I'm with Ricky Davis Fan. Sure it was a snarky response, but you honestly habitually post absurd things. No offense.

Offense taken and sorry I didn’t realize asking questions, speculating, getting in discussions, etc.  on a platform that encourages all of what I listed is absurd.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

and below that is possible future buildout by Ram. 

Is Unit 230 A where Pike's is now? 

For those who haven't been by in a while, the courtyard around the water tower at the design center is being worked on now, and looks pretty good.  Superica looks like it is nearing completion, as the interior is being decorated, and I saw them hauling furniture inside recently.  Barcelona looks like it has a ways to go still.  There is a ton of excavation going on around the building, where it looks like there will be a good amount of added patio space and street presence.  The cafe in the front has some steel framing up, but the entire patio out front is still mostly just a patch of dirt.  I'll try to get some pictures when I walk by today.

• Like 2

All I have to say is I can't wait to Superica to open  as chef Ford Fry has great Tex-Mex cred with me being from Houston.  I have eaten at his El Fenix in Alpharetta and it is fantastico! 

• Like 2

Not sure where to drop this since I didn't see a General South End thread, but the kiosk is coming along.

DSC_3730.jpg.4c7886bc3c0af69a13998521d3f05b15.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cadi40 said:

Thank you RDF, Sorry for my incompetence. 

Offense taken and sorry I didn’t realize asking questions, speculating, getting in discussions, etc.  on a platform that encourages all of what I listed is absurd.

Eh, fair enough. I'll concede. I'm honestly just as in-the-know as you. I enjoy looking at tall stuff like everyone else. Who am I to judge?!

• Like 3

Sincere thanks for the summary @ricky_davis_fan_21.

I've been following this thread since its creation but sometimes so much new info and revisions get posted it's hard to keep up with specifics of the project especially when there are a few dozen other project threads to try to keep up with.

A little snarky sarcasm is fine on occasion but too much of it can make this forum toxic which none of us want.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Thanks for the info! Some of us remember the Assholery that used to be on this site and definitely do not want it back. 

:offtopic: What? You don't long for the days of metrobi*ch? ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vitamin_N said:

But we were so close to deciding which was better--Charlotte or Atlanta...

Ahhh the good ol days.

• Like 1

Construction of the jewel box retailer space where Jeni's Ice Cream will go. Today. 

I am glad I missed these "good ole days" mentioned from UP years past. 

IMG_8254.JPG

• Like 1