Future

willacoochee

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're entering the age of robotics. I don't mean the kind Honda uses to put Accords together, but robotics that are going to be useful in everyday life for people. Just look at the latest technologies that have appeared in the last few months for the taking. Things like the bionic leg developed by Victhom Human Bionics.

http://www.victhom.com/en/realization-bionic-leg-1.htm

Video:

http://www.victhom.com/upload/Victhom_High.wmv

Things like this will revolutionize the way we live, and this is just the beginning. Just think of militaries around the world using technologies such as this:

bleex.jpg

There are various versions of the exoskeleton but they are all generally the same, some are better looking than others and one version I've seen doesn't require the large backpack which contains the batteries, etc. As new bio-technologies are used we can be assured the look, function and size of these added devices will only get better.

http://analogik.com/multimedia/video/tetra_vaal.mov

This is our future, it will make and break us. :ph34r:

We will be able to download our brain into a computer by 2050. I am skeptical about this. We were supposed to be living in colonies on the moon and flying around in personal spaceships in 2000.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm... that's gotten me thinking... how much space would you need to upload your brain to a computer? I've never thought of brain capacity in terms of bytes.

These future technologies I've list below would likely happen in the near future beteen now and the next 50 years.

1.) Pretty soon people are going to realize that they may no longer need local phone hook up from all the "ma bell" companies. Cell phone use is growing and when you think about it, why pay extra money for tradtional local service when you have a mobil phone that you can use anywhere including in your home.

2.) satelite tv for cars. There is a new technology emering where moving vehicles can pick up tv satelite signals. We are already seeing them on crusie ships. Instead of a fix dish there will be a sphere that will be able to contact multiple satelites based on movement. So be prepared to get HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, The Disney Channel in even your local channels in the back seat of your car anywhere in the world. You'll no longer have to rely on DVDs to entertain you in the car

3.) on the biological side, I think stem cell research will lead to cures for many fatal diseases and maybe even restore sight to blind people, restore hearing to deaf people.

4.) I think we will have "interactive tv" as the thing of the future and it will include the merging of TV, personal computer and internet. Interactive TV would be the next step beyond the reality TV craze thats going. Maybe you would even be able choose the direction of movie that would have mulitple endings based on the choices you made. Basically a hi-tech version of those "choose your own adventure" books you read in grammer school if you grew up as a kid in the 80s.

5.) I think many people in the future will have homes with movable interior walls allowing people to change the layout of their homes for special occasions or if they just want to see a change every once in a while. Imagine being able to increase the size of your master bedroom by moving a wall. That would be an economic alternative to expensive additions.

6.) overtime we'll see maglev trains in the united states and maglev trains may eventually lead to maglev cars. certain metals or metalic particles with magnetic properties could be incorprated in asphalt or within concrete. That would be very expensive but it was also expensive to create concrete and aspahlt roads when they were first invented in the late 1800s.

Piece of info on stem cells:

They can be collected from living people.

The Olfactory (smell) nerve's cells are the only cells in the body that are constantly regenerating. Thus, there is a large amount of stem cells in the nerve.

In the future, I want channels like HBO and Showtime to be free!

So much for wishful thinking.

Archived