Spartanburg Development Map

Spartan

• 3 weeks later...

I set up this map (with Neo's help) to help show where projects are being proposed and built. The default view is for land development and transportation projects. I'm still working on getting some of the larger transportation projects on the map, but I have all of the in-town one's covered. Just click on the items in the legend or on the map for more info and a link to the appropriate UP thread.

If you look at the layers, I also have greenway projects on the map. This layer is still in development, but I'll eventually get all of them on there. There aren't a lot of good maps of the greenway plans for the county, so this should help show where projects have been built, are being built, and are proposed.

Let me know in this thread if you see something that needs to be added, removed, corrected, changed, etc.

I actually made a very similar map several months ago for myself, just for fun. But this one looks good. It has pretty much everything mine had.

A few suggested changes: I think the arena / convention center was rumored to be in the Renaissance Park area (bounded by DM, Liberty, Silver Hill, and Converse probably).  Also, the Country Club Road project goes all the way to Glendale. (I'll post some info from a recent public meeting soon.)  I would also suggest adding the planned TK Gregg Center, where the Oakview Apts are between Aden and Preston, near Cleveland Academy.  Also maybe add the future Spartanburg Regional expansion (HJ article).

Sorry, that ended up being a lot of suggestions.  Really appreciate the map.  It's a great resource!

Thanks, I made those changes. Please let me know if you see anything else.

I thought I read that the housing project behind the Beacon was slated to be torn down and replaced, but I can't find any information to back that up. Does anyone have any info on that?

Here's an article about the project (Highland Crossing).  The new building will replace the old public housing units behind Macedonia Baptist Church (new building will be on SE corner of Highland and Henry, I believe).  The units behind the Beacon will be demolished at a later date, and there's no firm plan to replace them yet.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

Yeah it would, wouldn't it :silly:

I guess its been a few years since I've done anything with this. I'll try to get it up to speed soon. If y'all want to help make this happen quicker, please drop a post or two in here with the developments and key details that need adding. I think I can work out which ones have been completed and need to be removed/archived.

• Like 1