Grandville Castle Apartments

mgreven

On 3/2/2017 at 4:10 PM, Floyd_Z said:

It would be cool if they would put a pool or park in the middle instead of just parking.

Wait... what? Really! Their putting parking in the middle. That is a shame! I find that hard to believe, considering how stupid putting parking there would be. Though if you give it some thought, if there was a pool, there would be a lot of perverts buying inner units. LOL. I wouldn't want that. But putting something like a park for events, and maybe an outdoor theater.... ;-)  I think that would be something that would attract tenants, though maybe a certain kind of tenant. No matter where you go, there will always be a cranky grandma complaining about the noise. 

48 minutes ago, crinzema said:

Wait... what? Really! Their putting parking in the middle. That is a shame! I find that hard to believe, considering how stupid putting parking there would be. Though if you give it some thought, if there was a pool, there would be a lot of perverts buying inner units. LOL. I wouldn't want that. But putting something like a park for events, and maybe an outdoor theater.... ;-)  I think that would be something that would attract tenants, though maybe a certain kind of tenant. No matter where you go, there will always be a cranky grandma complaining about the noise. 

There's a pool in the middle of the North courtyard at Boardwalk Condos. :shades: I haven't heard of any complaints. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GRLaker said:

I thought a pool was going in the courtyard and parking surrounding the castle? That's what the original plan seemed to be showing.

That would make more sense.  Can you imagine car alarms going off all hours of the day and night, amplified by the 'acoustic excellence' of being surrounded by concrete?

I think they've stopped putting those concrete panels up and have focused on starting interior framing. I think parts of this building will be fully completed, and ready for renters, while other parts are still under construction. The building is big enough that renters would hardly be affected. Though I have no clue whether a building has to be 100% ready, because of codes or whatever reason, before people can start moving in.

They might be able to get a ceritificate of occupancy for a portion of the building as long as all parts of the building that the tanants from that portion can access are fully complete.

But I'm guessing that what is happening just has to do with the way that the construction phasing and schedule is working out. It's highly unlikely that the workers installing the precast panels are the same that are framing out the interior partitions. It could be that all of the panels could not be manufactured at one time, and while they are waiting for the second batch, they are getting a head start on the interior framing. In high rise towers, it's not too uncommon to have the lower floors pretty much finished before they are even completed installing the facade on the upper floors. That allows the same construction teams to do the same work on each floor all the way up over several months, but the building still opens to renters at the same time (particularly since elevators are often one of the last components of a building to be installed, due to their over one year manufacturing lead time).

6 minutes ago, walker said:

Drove by about an hour ago and there are new turrets on the old motel being remodeled in front of the castle on 28th street.  Kind of tacky looking but that's of course just my opinion.  

OMG everything with in a 4block radius is going to have a castle theme isn't it?? AND Grandville is going to brand itself as "the Castle City" :tw_confounded: