Grandville Castle Apartments

mgreven

21 hours ago, walker said:

Drove by about an hour ago and there are new turrets on the old motel being remodeled in front of the castle on 28th street.  Kind of tacky looking but that's of course just my opinion.  

So I went back today and took a shot of the motel.  The things that they stuck on the walls that look vaguely like turrets are even less impressive than they looked when I briefly saw them while driving by in traffic yesterday:

HPIM3167.thumb.JPG.9cf17584f8ad52aefacacc78f2b92cae.JPG

Not that it improves things but there is a third turret appendage out of the photo in the back. 

Edited by walker

2 minutes ago, walker said:

So I went back today and took a shot of the motel.  The things that they stuck on the walls that look vaguely like turrets are even less impressive than they looked when I briefly saw them while driving by in traffic yesterday:

HPIM3167.thumb.JPG.9cf17584f8ad52aefacacc78f2b92cae.JPG

Not that it improves things but there is a third turret appendage out of the photo in the back. 

Hmmm... Well I say +1 for embracing the concept and jumping on board.

My first response was, "Oh... Oh, No.... that looks terrible". Then I thought to myself, it's probably going to look a lot better than it was before when it had no character. But as long as it's their money/property/and reputation on the line, I have nothing to say but, "Whatever floats your moat". 

• Like 4

I was with some people today talking about the topic of the day - HOUSING or lack thereof, and specifically affordable rental.  One of the folks I was meeting with said, "Well there is one bright spot about the 'castle monstrosity' being built in Grandville...once they are unable to lease it up because it either overlooks an expressway or the gravel quarry, it'll make great affordable housing." 

I thought to myself...I am going to have to post that on UP tonight...so there you go...:rofl:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, walker said:

So they're not the most tasteful turrets in the world, but they are still turrets.  Which means they are inherently better than no turrets.  :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EastownLeo said:

Probably same reason it took so long to get a Chik-fil-a.

Detroit has one.  So does Michigan City.

I had never even heard of White Castle growing up in Grand Rapids until I moved to Austin, and the many former Michiganders (SE Michigan residents obviously) that I met were all nostalgic for the place.  There are no White Castles in Austin either, so I still don't know what I'm missing.  But Them Chik-Fil-A chicken sliders are pretty damn good. :) 

21 hours ago, The ATX said:

I had never even heard of White Castle growing up in Grand Rapids until I moved to Austin, and the many former Michiganders (SE Michigan residents obviously) that I met were all nostalgic for the place.  There are no White Castles in Austin either, so I still don't know what I'm missing.  But Them Chik-Fil-A chicken sliders are pretty damn good. :) 

I can't eat anything with the word "slider" in it. Is that for the entry or the exit? 

• 2 weeks later...