Grandville Castle Apartments

mgreven

On 5/17/2017 at 7:23 PM, Raildude's dad said:

l developer / owner was the Land family. It was the Lands Inn. Looks like they sold it  a number of years ago to Pranam Inc - Suresh Patel.

Yeah, I think the Lands sold it a number of years ago. Then it became a Days Inn for while and now it is going to be a Best Western. According to the City of Grandville Planning Commission minutes from last December (2016)--- the Richard Postema of Richard Postema Associates, P.C. is the current owner of the hotel and it was rebranded as a Best Western. 

On 5/17/2017 at 4:26 PM, wingbert said:

I smile and shake my head at the sheer audacity of this project... with this design... in this location.  However, despite hoping like hell that this thing is a long-term success I cannot escape the sense that this will be one of those things for which the term "White Elephant' was invented.

This ^^^ haha. 

I'm actually curious to see how the apartments will look from the inside, especially the ones way up toward the peaks and inside the upper roof. Totally bizarro world. 

On 5/17/2017 at 5:49 PM, Brown Angel said:

I think the owner of the old hotel that was there (Days Inn) rebranded it into a Best Western after they had a fire. It is not the same owner/developer as the Grand Castle and I think he was maybe trying to make it match the Grand Castle. I am not sure the design is going to "match" as well as originally thought, but at least the owner of the Best Western tried. I am sure some improvements to that hotel are better than it being left in the state that it was in. 

Best Western Pic.png

Other suggestions for the city of Grandville:

• Medieval Times 
  • White Castle 
  • Blarney Castle gas station
  • Castle bounce house
  • A meadery
  • Various business utilizing the names Camelot, kingdom, royal, and nobility
Edited by wingbert
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MJLO said:

I'm curious to know if the turret towers on top are going to be part of specific units.  I've always wanted a Rapunzel tower in my apt!!

Better start growing out that hair or get a fierce weave. 

Edited by thebeerqueer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, scottythe1nonly said:

every time I drive by this thing I think "who in their right mind would live in it?"  Maybe if it has the cheapest rent in town.  But if it's going to be market rate and you had to choose between this monstrosity or a new apt in/near downtown, would anybody really choose this?  

I already know a few people who will be moving in. :lol:

Anyways, here is a picture of it from a few days ago.IMG_5582.thumb.JPG.30ae8a518b61f45574a8a78dd3dea18b.JPGIMG_5777.thumb.PNG.d698bb9ccae25519922ee86c24646bb6.PNG

Here's more shots by the Michigan Drone Pros.IMG_5775.thumb.JPG.22cdebcd06e39c46ed305c88dabed6e9.JPG IMG_5773.thumb.JPG.7402fa5fcbb3368bff02036286c129cc.JPG

Edited by WMrapids
  • Like 1