Grandville Castle Apartments

mgreven

13 minutes ago, scottythe1nonly said:

if the project is going bust someone is still out there working.

There was never any credible information to suggest the development was in financial trouble,  just anecdotal which to naysayers was enough to get the spin mongering going.  The lack of any activity could of simply been the holidays and weather.  The developer might have even given everyone more time off.  Shocking I know.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scottythe1nonly said:

drove past the disaster site yesterday and saw one of the cranes lowering a concrete panel down to the outer parking structure.  Also it looked like all the windows are installed, at least on the North and West sides.  Everytime I drive by there are also a fair number of vehicles (pick ups, cars, etc) parked out front.  

if the project is going bust someone is still out there working.

On my drive home from work yesterday, I noticed some more lights on inside. Looked like construction style, temporary lights but still. 

I worked the holiday days except Xmas eve (Mon) , Xmas (Tues) and New Years day (Mon). I was surprised at the number of companies I work with that closed for the days between the holidays and even more surprised at the number that closed the 1st week in Jan.  Some companies, especially construction oriented said it was just too cold to be real productive so they closed and gave their employees more time off.

On 1/25/2018 at 1:56 PM, thebeerqueer said:

On my drive home from work yesterday, I noticed some more lights on inside. Looked like construction style, temporary lights but still. 

I’ve noticed a lot more lights as well. Hope they button this up this year. I do actually like the way the lake is shaping up (looks like there is some sort of clubhouse on the shore). 

Joe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raildude's dad said:

It's poured in place concrete so small voids can occur and joints can be visible, more cosmetic, not structural.

The interior walls between rooms look to be drywall. But you're right, the baseboards haven't gone on yet.  I'm really surprised though that they're going with that wood-stained trim look. And the maple cabinets. I haven't seen those used in a long time. Maybe they're ahead of the curve and it's all coming back. :lol:  (Like brass is making a comeback apparently). 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 11:37 PM, joeDowntown said:

I noticed a lot of lights on the other night while driving by. Looks they’re doing a lot of interior work. So I think it’s still humming along. 

Joe

Drove by last night and pretty much every light was on, really imposing when lit up. 

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, jthrasher said:

There has to be some issues going on behind the scenes on this one considering how long this project is taking.  There are other projects, granted not as large as this one, that have sprung up super fast.   

My guess is that it isn't anything other than finding enough labor to pull it all off.  I think there are four or five hundred units in this thing.  That's a huge number of plumbers, electricians, tile settlers, carpet installers, finish carpenters, and drywallers in a construction labor market that is already tight.  It is quite a bit quicker to finish off large commercial spaces than something with a mountain of corners and closets.  They also supposedly finished the interior walls with skimcoat plaster.  I have no idea where they even managed to find enough guys around here who still know how to use a hawk and a trowel.

Edited by x99
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, x99 said:

My guess is that it isn't anything other than finding enough labor to pull it all off.  I think there are four or five hundred units in this thing.  That's a huge number of plumbers, electricians, tile settlers, carpet installers, finish carpenters, and drywallers in a construction labor market that is already tight.  It is quite a bit quicker to finish off large commercial spaces than something with a mountain of corners and closets.  They also supposedly finished the interior walls with skimcoat plaster.  I have no idea where they even managed to find enough guys around here who still know how to use a hawk and a trowel.

They just put the finishing touches on some large and small spires throughout the complex. Also, if you drive by early morning or late at night, there are a lot of lights on. I think they're still pretty active on this building.

Joe

• Like 1