Grandville Castle Apartments

mgreven

3 minutes ago, thebeerqueer said:

I drive by it twice a day on my commute to and from Holland and as you're heading east on I-196, rounding the bend above Chicago Drive it's imposing. I can't quite tell from the highway how many floors they have left but just wow. 

I'll be out in that area today I'll see if I can stop and get a picture. 

12 minutes ago, thebeerqueer said:

I drive by it twice a day on my commute to and from Holland and as you're heading east on I-196, rounding the bend above Chicago Drive it's imposing. I can't quite tell from the highway how many floors they have left but just wow. 

Yep. It's very random and very large. You're just like, "whoa. What is that thing?"

HA!  I never put 2 and 2 together!   We were coming into town over Labor Day, and I said to my wife, "what is that and where did it come from?!"  I too thought it looked like a hotel going up.   I guess I'm not super excited about "Grandville's Cinderella Castle", so it wasn't in the front of my mind when we passed by.  

2 minutes ago, mpchicago said:

HA!  I never put 2 and 2 together!   We were coming into town over Labor Day, and I said to my wife, "what is that and where did it come from?!"  I too thought it looked like a hotel going up.   I guess I'm not super excited about "Grandville's Cinderella Castle", so it wasn't in the front of my mind when we passed by.  

And there are at least 3 large cranes on the site. 

• Like 1

29583164681_b701639ed5_o.jpg

It's difficult to get a good shot of it.  The Days Inn is also blocked off due to it's renovation so this was as close as I was comfortable getting to it.  I should prolly grow a pair and get closer.  This picture doesn't do any justice at capturing it's scope.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ctpgr34 said:

Uhhh yeah, we've been saying that for the past week. :rofl:

Article says it will top out at nearly 200 feet, which is twice the height that it is now. Zooinks. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, discgrab21 said:

You mean other than Las Vegas? :tw_wink:

If only we can get a Caesars palace or a stratosphere tower? or maybe an Eiffel inspired tower? lol

the castle tower design looks strikingly similar to another American castle...

220px-SUNYAdminBuildingAlbany.jpg

SUNY offices in Albany.....yet somewhat tacky like the Castle Lodge in Iowa

Image result for the lodge bettendorf iowa

Edited by GR8scott

16 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Uhhh yeah, we've been saying that for the past week. :rofl:

Article says it will top out at nearly 200 feet, which is twice the height that it is now. Zooinks. 

I should know better by now when commenting on this forum, I should have put " Man this has gone up quick":rolleyes:

Edited by ctpgr34
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MJLO said:

Is there any speculation that this could spur more redevelopment of that archaic stretch of 28th St?

If it actually fills up like some on here believe it will, then I have no doubt it will. You'll see a demand for restaurants, beer (expansion of Osgood Brewery?), grocery, etc.