Favorite City

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Asheville, NC for smaller cities, and although I lived most of my life in its metro area, I'd say Boston is my favorite (even though it's where I lived much of my life).

I'm very interested in visiting Portland, OR, Austin, TX, and Barcelona.

n79800335_30012504_3274.jpg

LONDON

I spent two weeks there on a school trip sophomore year in college and loved it. It wasn't like a high school trip where you're constantly chaparoned, so it was like living there. We did all our meals, all our entertainment on our own. That's my picture above from the top of St. Paul's Cathedral.

Runners up:

San Francisco

Colorado Springs

Kansas City

I've got a few.

My absolute favorites are Seattle and San Diego,

but I also love Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Miami, Jacksonville, Toronto, Vancouver, Sydney, and Brisbane.

There are no European cities in my list, even though I've seen nearly every great town in Europe (London, Paris, Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Berlin, Amsterdam, Athens). Every city was nice to see but it couldn

My favorite city is would have to be New Orleans. And in many ways, I think even if it loses a large part of it's population, it will be a better city after Katrina.

But my favorite cities aside from NOLA (that I have been to) are Houston, Atlanta, Dallas, NYC, Chicago, L.A., London, Paris, Tokyo, Stockholm, and Copenhagen. :D

This is very difficult, but here are a few of my favorites...

Barcelona

Paris

London

Oslo

Stockholm

Washington

New York

Boston

Fort Lauderdale

New Orleans

Natchez

San Antonio

Portland (both, honestly)

Charleston SC

Norfolk/Portsmouth

San Francisco

Hong Kong

Bangkok

Sydney

Melbourne

Nairobi

Rio

Cartagena

San Miguel de Allende, Gto., Mexico

Hamilton, Bermuda

I could go on and on and on....these are just a few of my favorite places

Despite its rivalry with my own home city (Greenville, SC), I love the arts, crafts, and architecture of Asheville, NC. The other great attribute of both cities is their location near the Appalachain Mountains. There are so many other cities I love dearly, but since I live in the best city of all, it is natural for me to choose one of similar status and regional proximity to my own. :wub:

Places I've been: Portland, Maine, Quebec City, Philly, Munich, T.O.

Places I'd like to go: Seattle, Portland, Ore; Vancouver, Adelaide, Hobart, Helsinki, and Santiago*.

* From what I've seen and read I think I would especially like Santiago and Chile---Urban Capital, long coastline, snowy mountains, arctic-like south, desert in the north, and lovely wine-growing areas!

• 3 months later...

Archived