I-485 Development (Prosperity Village, Riverbend, Crosswind, etc)

Third Strike

6 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Yep, and the "Amazon" effect pretty much forces other retailers to open up multiple warehouses as well. Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Macy's, CVS, HomeDepot, et... all need regional warehouses now in every decent sized city in the country in order to meet next-day delivery expectations of customers. Gone are the days of having a couple warehouses to serve the entire country with a 5 - 10 day delivery window. You now need to be in the heart of each metro area. Warehouse sprawl is just meeting consumer demand.... and Americans right now are buying A LOT of stuff. We love things and we love online shopping.

I'm not sure about most of the retailers, but Target actually services some of their same-day and one-day deliveries directly from their stores. My impression is that they've been very effective at having their stores serve, in many ways, as mini-distribution centers.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

I'm not sure about most of the retailers, but Target actually services some of their same-day and one-day deliveries directly from their stores. My impression is that they've been very effective at having their stores serve, in many ways, as mini-distribution centers.

Walmart does some of this as well.  If you order something online and they have it at a local store they will deliver it out of their stock. I ordered a book with them and some fruit bars and to my surprise my fruit bars arrived on my front porch in a Walmart bag having been delivered.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New tenants in the works for the Riverbend development........

Riverbend Village is expanding its tenant mix with new restaurant offerings as part of that project’s second phase.

Outback Steakhouse, Jeremiah’s Italian Ice, Margarita’s Mexican Restaurant and Nana Morrison’s Soul Food have signed deals at that 130-acre mixed use development, says Wells Herndon with Simpson Commercial Real Estate.

Chase Bank will occupy an outparcel there, as will Novant GoHealth Urgent Care.

Riverbend Village, at Mt. Holly-Huntersville Road and N.C. Highway 16, is a joint venture between Simpson and Landmark Development Partners.

“It’s been a strong project for us,” Herndon says. “I think this center just proves the explosion of growth in the northwest Charlotte market.”

The center includes 200,000 square feet of retail, anchored by a 78,0000-square-foot Harris Teeter supermarket. Herndon says restaurants in the project’s first phase — such as Johnny Brusco’s Pizza — have performed strongly, supported by an increasing number of rooftops and office tenants in the market. Riverbend Village includes 268 apartments and 105 townhomes and is home to the headquarters of Corning Optical Communications.

Riverbend Village is adding new restaurants to its tenant mix.

MELISSA KEY/CBJ

In total, the second phase will add 18,550 square feet for medical, retail and restaurant uses, with three additional outparcels. It is set to deliver this fall.

Herndon says construction was initially slated to start in 2020 but was paused because of the pandemic. Tenant interest is high.

“We have a lot of faith in the market in the way Charlotte heading and the growth in the market,” Herndon says.

Roughly 7,800 square feet remains available, with fitness, specialized medical and additional service-oriented tenants being targeted. Herndon says he has letters of intent in hand, though no other deals have been finalized. Negotiations are ongoing for the remaining outparcel.

Herndon says the new offerings build on Riverbend's successful first phase.

Nana Morrison’s will open its second location in the Charlotte market, dishing up authentic Southern, home-style fare. It plans a roughly 3,000-square-foot restaurant.

Jeremiah’s Italian Ice expands its presence in Charlotte with a 1,501-square-foot location. That concept dishes up Italian ice, soft ice cream and gelati — with layers of Italian ice and soft ice cream.

Margarita’s will add a 3,345-square-foot restaurant to its portfolio. It also operates restaurants in Denver and Lake Norman.

Outback will put one of its new-prototype restaurants on an outparcel at the site. Its Steele Creek restaurant is one of three in the country with that design.  And The Good Wurst Co. recently confirmed it would open a 3,000-square-foot restaurant at Riverbend.  

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello apologies if this is the wrong thread. Did something change in the past year regarding age restricted communities? Some family friends moved into  Regency at Palisades a few years back. They were sold on this by the Toll Brothers as being a 55+ community. Toll brothers is now stating that Mecklenburg County is no longer allowing the to restrict to 55+. Is this true? 

• Like 1

I think that particular community is/was an aged targeted community i.e. plans that appealed to those over age 55.  Age restricted 55 and up communities are allowable by Federal law anywhere in the country.  examples in this area are Trilogy in Lincoln County,  Cresswind in east Meck county off I-485 and NC 24/27 and of course the Sun City Carolina Lakes in Lancaster.  That is just a few of them.   Age 55 and older is one of the fastest growing populations in NC.  The law states that at least one person in the household needs to be 55 or older and some high percentage like 80% must fit this category.  So someone young can buy in a 55 and up community if they want as long as the community overall meets the requirements.  But age targeted is just that appeals to older home buyers but anyone can buy.  I think that community in the Palisades is that way age targeted.  

• Thanks 2

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

2 new to market tenants at Charlotte Premium Outlets

Charlotte Premium Outlets to add Greg Norman, Huk stores - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

""A retail store by retired pro golfer and entrepreneur Greg Norman that carries luxury, performance apparel should open there in late summer, across from Levi's, according to a press release. The legendary Australian golfer established the Greg Norman Collection in 1992.""

""Another store tailored to the outdoors is set to open in late spring at Charlotte Premium Outlets. Huk, a performance apparel brand for anglers, will be located across from Polo Ralph Lauren and has an opening date targeted for June 1.

Huk describes itself as a "technical performance fishing company dedicated to making life on the water more enjoyable from the first cast to the last." It carries apparel and accessories for women, men and children""

• Like 2

as this is right outside I-485 I will put this here.  Greystar plans an apartment complex at Sam Wilson and Wilkinson right outside I-485.

""The Charleston, South Carolina-based multifamily developer acquired a 16-acre site at Wilkinson Boulevard and Sam Wilson Road for $11.7 million on March 27, according to Mecklenburg County real estate records. The site is made up of four parcels — 8501 Wilkinson Blvd. and 3900, 3940 and 4002 Sam Wilson roads, near Charlotte Douglas International Airport. Greystar purchased the property from Carolina Capital Real Estate Partners.  Greystar filed a land development construction plan for the site in September, calling for up to 378 apartments. In December, Greystar filed another LDCP with the city to allow for early-stage grading.""

Apartment developer Greystar buys 16 acres in west Charlotte - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but its off of 485 and after 4 pages of threads I think it applies 😬

I was reading through the South Park 2035 vision plan and saw they mentioned incorporating signature public art, which for some reason made me think of the metalmorphosis sculpture down in the Whitehall Business Park, I'll have to go check this out again here soon to see if it's working like it used to.  I know it was supposedly a maintenance nightmare, but when this thing split and rotated I thought it was the coolest, really hope they haven't done away with the movement (I think they did though) maybe someone can confirm for me haha 

image.thumb.png.3d298fdc7b2092e42ee9d327e6922894.png

• Like 4

This shows that suburban office space and office parks are not dead.  They may not build a lot of new buildings outside of a mixed-used development in the suburbs but this average office park off Harris Blvd at I-77 just inside I-485 is 90% leased!  

CP Group Executes 70,000 SF of Leases at Harris Corners Office Campus in North Charlotte - REBusinessOnline

Charlotte office park Harris Corners inks new tenants - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

• Like 3