I-485 Development (Prosperity Village, Riverbend, Crosswind, etc)

Third Strike

10 hours ago, KJHburg said:

However Union County nearby has grown exponentially as has southern Cabarrus county all part of the trade area for a retail center here.  

The new Farmington development - just up 485 at Rocky River / Harrisburg a few minutes from Mint Hill - will fill that retail gap.  Dirt is turning now with a lot of activity.  New road is already being cut through. 

• Like 1

Farmington in Harrisburg at exit 36 off I-485 is much more residential and office than it is retail.  There is some retail like a movie theater and some restaurants and shops but not a regional draw which the Bridges site could be. 

Here are the current plans of Farmington

https://mpvre.com/wp-content/uploads/properties/3777/flyer-3777-1.pdf?v=572

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Farmington in Harrisburg at exit 36 off I-485 is much more residential and office than it is retail.  There is some retail like a movie theater and some restaurants and shops but not a regional draw which the Bridges site could be. 

Here are the current plans of Farmington

https://mpvre.com/wp-content/uploads/properties/3777/flyer-3777-1.pdf?v=572

I'm not sure I fully agree with this assessment - IF everything gets built out and they get some good interest from retail/commercial.  Even Birkdale Village has a ton of residential homes attached to that development.  Farmington looks to me like it has about the same amount of retail space as Birkdale, if not more, when you throw in the medical offices and what looks like it could be another grocery store... But I truly hope I'm right and it's not just super heavy residential (think Vermillion in Huntersville).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I suppose this is the right thread, if not, my bad... :tw_lol: But now that Harris Teeter is open and thriving in their new locale at Riverbend, what would you like to see replace its footprint across 16 at the old center?

Personally I think a Big Lots or a Sam's Club would make a killing there, the area still has a large amount of people who shop for bargains (either income level or just buying habits) so I'd like to see that. Maybe a Stein Mart or a Roses if neither of the other two are options, but I'm not sure if those chains still expand into new places or just keep to their strongholds nowadays. Retail landscape in the internet age is weird.

3 hours ago, Eightane said:

I suppose this is the right thread, if not, my bad... :tw_lol: But now that Harris Teeter is open and thriving in their new locale at Riverbend, what would you like to see replace its footprint across 16 at the old center?

Personally I think a Big Lots or a Sam's Club would make a killing there, the area still has a large amount of people who shop for bargains (either income level or just buying habits) so I'd like to see that. Maybe a Stein Mart or a Roses if neither of the other two are options, but I'm not sure if those chains still expand into new places or just keep to their strongholds nowadays. Retail landscape in the internet age is weird.

I think any of the TJMaxx family of stores would kill it there Marshalls, TJ Maxx or even a Homegoods.  They love 2nd generation space and I am sure Harris Teeter will not let anyone selling groceries go in there including the warehouse clubs. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...