Third Strike

I-485 Development (Prosperity Village, Riverbend, Crosswind, etc)

Back in town from Savannah HHI here is the new addition to Atrium Pineville and look at the Ballantyne skyline! side window shot of Atrium! 

IMG_4364.JPG

IMG_4365.JPG

• Like 4

here is the sign for the latest Amazon warehouse off Sam Wilson near 485 and 85 interchange.  It says CLT9 which is interesting as I only count 7 Amazon facilities in the area 3 in Cabarrus and 4 in Mecklenburg unless there are 2 more I don't know about.  They usually name their centers like this as they have multiple locations in one metro.  I know they have an office in the Railyard but don't think they name their offices that way. 

photo from yesterday. 

IMG_8174 (2).JPG

• Like 4

Novant plans Steele Creek area hospital near Charlotte Premium Outlets in addition to their new Ballantyne hospital on US 521 south of the country club.  Pending state approval for the Steele Creek location. 

Novant Health seeks to open hospital in Steele Creek - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

• Like 2

actually Atrium just proposed today to move 18 beds recently approved for main hospital to a new proposed Cornelius hospital.  You have to put beds near where people live and that is why all the suburban hospitals have grown greatly and new ones on the way like the Atrium Union West and the Novant Ballantyne hospitals.  We have a growing population all over intown and in the suburbs but you have to spread the hospital beds around somewhat.  

Atrium Health makes another attempt for new Lake Norman-area hospital - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, KJHburg said:

actually Atrium just proposed today to move 18 beds recently approved for main hospital to a new proposed Cornelius hospital.  You have to put beds near where people live and that is why all the suburban hospitals have grown greatly and new ones on the way like the Atrium Union West and the Novant Ballantyne hospitals.  We have a growing population all over intown and in the suburbs but you have to spread the hospital beds around somewhat.  

Atrium Health makes another attempt for new Lake Norman-area hospital - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

Isn't outdated that Atrium and Novant have to seek state approval to build hospitals and add beds? Why all the rigamarol to add very needed services?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boricua said:

Isn't outdated that Atrium and Novant have to seek state approval to build hospitals and add beds? Why all the rigamarol to add very needed services?

State law called a certificate of need so there are not too many hospital beds built then there is an oversupply.  some states like NC do this others do not. 

• Thanks 3

The "certificate of need" process is insane and, as far as I can tell, is only in place to protect existing institutions. I have seen zero data to show that it in any way is beneficial to consumers. 

• Like 4