American Cigar Company Garden Apartments (Completed)

757Duke

$700-1,035 a month is what this area should be charging, IMO, but that neighborhood is very hit or miss. Regardless, I look forward to seeing what this will look like when it's done...very curious to see whether they offer the same or similar amenities as some of your apartments downtown or in Ghent. I doubt it, but who knows?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • vdogg pinned this topic
  • 8 months later...
2 hours ago, chris722 said:

I'm confused.  I thought this was over with, so there's still hope?

The original plan was to preserve the exterior walls but the developer wasn’t able to start the project and the city had it demolished as it was unsafe & required a lane closure to stabilize. The current plan is new construction and a different developer. 

I know there was nothing they could do because Hurricane Matthew destroyed what was left of the factory. But man, that is one underwhelming design, compared to what could've been. It feels like a broken record mentioning how boring new apartments are around here, but new apartments around here (and across the country in general) are boring.

• vdogg changed the title to American Cigar Company Garden Apartments (Under Construction)
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
7 minutes ago, mintscraft56 said:

Destroyed?

The developer had planned to restore and rebuild around the façade of this handsome old factory, but Hurricane Matthew came along before the developer could get things going and the resulting damage necessitated  demolition of the entire building.  Sad. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I always thought the Spicer building would make a nice entertainment building. Something like Apex or a bowling alley, and maybe a small performance venue given how adjacent it is to the NEON District.

The American Cigar Company apartments not happening was such a disappointment...I was really looking forward to that one.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, baobabs727 said:

The developer had planned to restore and rebuild around the façade of this handsome old factory, but Hurricane Matthew came along before the developer could get things going and the resulting damage necessitated  demolition of the entire building.  Sad. 

Oh.

• vdogg changed the title to American Cigar Company Garden Apartments (Completed)