TopTenn

The Transportation and Mass Transit Megathread

18 hours ago, nativetenn said:

Yeah! Yankee inventions! Git em! Lee surrendered, but I didn't!

Lol if they hate "Yankee inventions", I guess they shouldn't be driving cars either!!

The car was a Yankee innovation.

Built with steel from the South.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dale said:

Built with steel from the South. 

Or Pittsburgh, with Iron Ore from Northern Minnesota.

19 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

And thinking about it now, isn't there some kind of data sharing agreement with the city??

Yep.  See: https://www.nashville.gov/Metro-Clerk/Legislative/Ordinances/Details/7d2cf076-b12c-4645-a118-b530577c5ee8/2015-2019/BL2018-1202.aspx

Section 12.62.060 – Data Sharing

Edited by Rockatansky
Spelling.

20 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Just drove on 8th down by ML Rose, Sutler, tons of Limes down there. I wonder how all that works out, it would be super interesting to see an info graphic of the ebb and flow of them moving around the city over a weeks timeframe. 

People were posting screenshots last night from the lime & bird app showing hundreds of scooters converging on nissan stadium for the USMNT game. Wonder if they were still around afterwards to explode back into the neighborhoods.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A guy I was talking to last week said he saw a woman riding a bird into town riding along the shoulder of Ellington Parkway.     He was serious.     Yikes!   

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, titanhog said:

No lie...I saw someone riding a Bird at a Kroger in Smyrna.  Didn't know they would work this far from downtown.  

I have to think they carried it down there, that's pretty damn far for a battery to last haha.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I have to think they carried it down there, that's pretty damn far for a battery to last haha.

Yeah...someone said, "Ooh...look...a free scooter."  Then...Bird shows up in the middle of the night and their free scooter is gone.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

A guy I was talking to last week said he saw a woman riding a bird into town riding along the shoulder of Ellington Parkway.     He was serious.     Yikes!   

A fart bro got pulled over by metro for driving on Ellington with one and he had a case of Bud Light with him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nashville is actively vying for a BUILD Transportation grant, a specialized grant administered by the U.S. Department of Transportation. City officials are seeking $1.5 million to help finance a two-year corridor study of Dickerson Pike, which runs downtown through the northern part of East Nashville. Metro would chip in $807,692 of local funds that are already earmarked for transit-related projects to help pay for the study, according to Metro's application.

The study would set out to accomplish several goals, according to the grant application. Two of the objectives have the potential to create an outsized impact on the future of Dickerson Pike.

First, the study would determine what solutions might exist for the corridor, from pedestrian and bike-friendly infrastructure to bus rapid transit and autonomous vehicles. Second, it also would determine where Metro could designate a potential redevelopment district along Dickerson. The creation of such a district would allow the Metropolitan Development and Housing Authority to use taxpayer incentives to juice transit-focused development.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/09/12/metro-asks-for-help-to-finance-multimillion-dollar.html

• Like 4

Not sure what a fart bro is, but if you meant to type frat bro you are probably mistaken....no self-respecting frat bro would be on Ellington pkwy?

4 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

A fart bro got pulled over by metro for driving on Ellington with one and he had a case of Bud Light with him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

Not sure what a fart bro is, but if you meant to type frat bro you are probably mistaken....no self-respecting frat bro would be on Ellington pkwy?

East Nashville is full of frat bros. Renters, owners, and visiting airbnbers. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, titanhog said:

Yeah...someone said, "Ooh...look...a free scooter."  Then...Bird shows up in the middle of the night and their free scooter is gone.

This morning (about 6:30 AM) I ran past a guy with a pile of Birds in the back of his SUV.  He was setting them up in The Gulch.  Someone had to drive to Smyrna to get the one that flew away.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

We know all about them "fart bro's", don't we!..-=image.png.648e1b38c4ea535b8a6c8efb9a434b9a.png

I'll speak for myself though, to play it safe..

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 10:44 PM, samsonh said:

East Nashville is full of frat bros. Renters, owners, and visiting airbnbers. 

Ha! East Nasty ain't got nothing on the raspy voices of Knoxville's fraternity brethren. There's an empty can of Cope for every blade of grass in Knox County.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nativetenn said:

Ha! East Nasty ain't got nothing on the raspy voices of Knoxville's fraternity brethren. There's an empty can of Cope for every blade of grass in Knox County.

That's not how you spell Skoal Bandits

• Like 2
  • Haha 1