The Transportation and Mass Transit Megathread

TopTenn

10 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Yeah...no one in Davidson County takes opioids. 

No one is saying that. Opioid abuse is a terrible thing happening across this country. But it certainly is affecting rural areas more sharply. 

https://aspe.hhs.gov/system/files/pdf/259261/ASPEEconomicOpportunityOpioidCrisis.pdf

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/06/23/622692550/analysis-finds-geographic-overlap-in-opioid-use-and-trump-support-in-2016

1 minute ago, samsonh said:

No one is saying that. Opioid abuse is a terrible thing happening across this country. But it certainly is affecting rural areas more sharply. 

https://aspe.hhs.gov/system/files/pdf/259261/ASPEEconomicOpportunityOpioidCrisis.pdf

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/06/23/622692550/analysis-finds-geographic-overlap-in-opioid-use-and-trump-support-in-2016

Yes...someone is saying that.  

6 minutes ago, nativetenn said:

Why is everything you post a rant?

You seem to hate everything and everyone that doesn't align with you.

It's just hilarious that a certain group of people whine and clutch their pill bottles about taxes, traffic and muh freedums while literally being the problem. 

Just now, grilled_cheese said:

It's just hilarious that a certain group of people whine and clutch their pill bottles about taxes, traffic and muh freedums while literally being the problem. 

Same crap on both sides of the spectrum.

I think Titanhog was saying that you can't neglect how bad urban crime, illicit drug use and general poverty is. 

Yes, drug use is awful in rural Tennessee. I have seen it firsthand. It's equally awful in our cities. 

Is your solution to stop investing in rural communities? Thought that was the opposite of your set of ideals. You and nashvillebound might hit it off here.

3 minutes ago, nashville_bound said:

^^ you obviously have never comprehended any of my posts..... keep trying...you can do it with some more experience and effort... ha

Ha! I'll keep that in mind.

I really can't handle ideological discussion beyond high school-level civics.  Your posts overwhelm me.

Edited by nativetenn

30 minutes ago, samsonh said:

You are saying that. Literally no one is else is saying that. 

Don't understand why you always take up for him.  You know his rants.  You know what he's saying.  He is being a troll...and you take up for him.  He doesn't want money spent outside Davidson County (a common theme from some on this site)...and he directs his comments at "Opioid Land"...which is obviously a knock on the rural areas.  So please...give me a break. 

Just now, titanhog said:

Don't understand why you always take up for him.  You know his rants.  You know what he's saying.  He is being a troll...and you take up for him.  He doesn't want money spent outside Davidson County (a common theme from some on this site)...and he directs his comments at "Opioid Land"...which is obviously a knock on the rural areas.  So please...give me a break. 

I have no idea why you say I always take up for him. I have no idea who he is. But you are incorrect and mischaracterized his post, and you will not admit it, 

Just now, samsonh said:

I have no idea why you say I always take up for him. I have no idea who he is. But you are incorrect and mischaracterized his post, and you will not admit it, 

I did not mischaracterize his post...so no...I will not admit it...just as you will not admit this isn't the first time you've taken up for him.

6 minutes ago, titanhog said:

I did not mischaracterize his post...so no...I will not admit it...just as you will not admit this isn't the first time you've taken up for him.

I took up with your incorrect post, which happens relatively often. More often than not, I do not correct them. Sometimes I am sure I end up quoting him, other times not. 

22 minutes ago, titanhog said:

We get trolled by them every time they cast a ballot.  Every move they make is for more hand outs at the expense of the good people of Davidson County.

I saw the “Hot Topic” flag on this and excitedly opened the thread looking for news about an expanded Music City Star service, a new commuter line to Clarksville, or a new partnership with a ride sharing service.  Instead, I find an argument about opioids, rural/urban, and Trump.

Oh well, maybe next time. 

• Like 1

Your attempt at humor is actually a legitimate point.

Does Metro have unlimited resources? Why would you not want your government to efficiently and effectively use taxpayer funds? 

If a street has become derelict due to changing development and traffic patterns it should be removed to save maintenance costs and hopefully the property would be returned to the tax rolls. 

Now of course your flippant example has nothing in reality to do with my advocating bus service that morphs over time to better serve the city residences. The dismissive attitudes of transit fanboys is a large reason the $9billion Transit Plan went up in flames. Instead of advocating endless bike lanes, more frequent bus service for empty busses, and dedicated transit lanes - to hell with the motorists  - maybe you should at least try and listen when others have ideas to improve the existing system.  A massive transit referendum will never pass in Nashville unless the majority of voters believe wise governance is in place, and that starts with the existing systems.

3 hours ago, AronG said:

Thanks to WSMV I'm noticing most of the streets in my neighborhood are empty like 95% of the time. Metro is wasting millions! They  should record and publish avg. ridership on each street, and if they drop below sustainable thresholds other transportation alternatives like walking and scooting should be subsidized.

Edited by Guest