The Transportation and Mass Transit Megathread

TopTenn

8 minutes ago, volsfanwill said:

I actually am more optimistic tonight than I was this morning.

Trigger warning I'm going to use the phrase "those people"

I went on a quest this evening to find a frozen duck to make for dinner this week.  (more on that later)

I ended up driving from the Green Hills Kroger to the Belle Meade Kroger.  there were way more pro transit signs that I passed than anti.

if those people will support it, we can get anyone to vote for it. 

side note,  anyone know where I can get a whole duck? frozen preferable since that should be cheaper.  I went to 7 stores with no luck.

That is definitely an encouraging sign.  You and Neigeville are right that myself and others are jumping the gun with our pessimism.  We will just have to wait and see, I guess!

Btw, the only time in my life I purchased a whole duck, I got it in Chinatown, and they were ample there.  I know Nashville doesnt have a Chinatown, but surely there is an 'Asian' market somewhere that would have a butcher shop.  Have you checked K&M world market?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, volsfanwill said:

wow, I cant believe I didn't think about an international market.  I'm not far from Nolensville rd. I'll go there tomorrow.

in the past I had no trouble at kroger or publix.

Nice! Looking forward to hearing about the end result! Sounds like an amazing meal is in the works!

41 minutes ago, Nashhole said:

I'm ok with the proposed tax increases, but my concern is that they only account for a relatively small portion of the funding. What happens if the federal dollars don't come through? 

We start squeezing the suburbanites.  Lunch money, parking, etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nashhole said:

I'm ok with the proposed tax increases, but my concern is that they only account for a relatively small portion of the funding. What happens if the federal dollars don't come through? 

That was my primary concern for a long time. If I remember correctly, the mayor’s representative who came to the meet up a few months back said that they highballed all their estimates and had backup plans. Can someone who was there verify this?

10 minutes ago, volsfanwill said:

but, if we are all starting to feel better, that means no taxfortrax is seeing it too.  no telling what new bombshell they will pull out of their hat in desperation. 

Don't take the individual's right to spending 12 hours a week in traffic!

49 minutes ago, volsfanwill said:

but, if we are all starting to feel better, that means no taxfortrax is seeing it too.  no telling what new bombshell they will pull out of their hat in desperation. 

Soon they'll be saying that Russia is behind the transit plan, and they're taking our freedom. Oh no we can't let them take our freedom to sit in traffic for 2 hours and then come home to complain about traffic for another 2 hours. :lol:

10 hours ago, volsfanwill said:

I still think this will lose big, but I very much hope that I am dead wrong and that you are all right! 

40 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I saw that the majority of the early voting came from west Nashville, AKA green hills and belle Meade.. does anyone know voting stands now from early voting? 

This link breaks down early voting totals by location by day.

http://www.nashville.gov/Election-Commission/Voters/Early-Voting-In-Person.aspx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1