The Transportation and Mass Transit Megathread

TopTenn

11 minutes ago, samsonh said:

No one is saying it is not a great place! Just that it requires a lot of money to live in an area you would want to be.  Downtown and surrounding areas are much more expensive their because of tech money. 

I'm not pimping Austin. You guys are steeling yourselves for disappointment and I'm just trying to encourage you by entertaining perspective. :)

• Like 4

I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic that it passes. I think it will be a close vote.  My 63-year-old mom voted in favor of the initative which was somewhat encouraging to hear especially since I noticed a recent uptick in some of the Black community leaders coming out against the plan. 

Edited by ariesjow
  • Like 2

:wacko: - Regardless how the vote turns-out, it is Nashvillians at the polls/or not at the polls .... I have yet to see a Koch try to vote.

4 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

dishonest out-of-town fossil fuel billionaires winning out once again. 

Edited by Guest

24 minutes ago, nashville_bound said:

:wacko: - Regardless how the vote turns-out, it is Nashvillians at the polls/or not at the polls .... I have yet to see a Koch try to vote.

Agree. Voting is in our own destiny.  We can't keep pointing fingers. Whatever the decision may be, it will be decided democratically and fairly, no matter how much the Koch Brothers can pump into the anti-transit side. Propaganda isn't the whole story- it's the people who show up to the polls.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I have said this before and will say it again, Briley was not out in front of this. He is like a cowing 6 week old kitten in the midst of angry wolves. He does not have a voice and some of the blame will fall on him and of coarse Megan Barry if this does not happen. 

But I will still vote for Briley because apparently he is the only pro-transit one out of the whole bunch.  This is a non-negotiable issue for me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ariesjow said:

I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic that it passes. I think it will be a close vote.  My 63-year-old mom voted in favor of the initative which was somewhat encouraging to hear especially since I noticed a recent uptick in some of the Black community leaders coming out against the plan. 

Even my 87-yr-old mom voted Yes, and against that Black-grain, as it were.

17 minutes ago, Hey_Hey said:

It’s going to be hard to overcome a 20,000 vote deficit on early Voting.....unless the only people against it were the die hards against it who showed up early. 

From the very start I always had doubt that it would pass by close count if at all ─ more of a discrete and sizably lop-sided count against it.   I'm now about resigned to just allow the matter to "lapse" and to allow (human) nature to take its toll, since I'm not expected to be around much longer anyway, much less to be able to actually utilize any approved and funded high-capacity conveyances, once opened for service.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Considering how solid (D) Davidson County is, I am surprised by the lopsided result - According to results tallied by NewsChannel 5, with 87 percent of precincts reporting, 63.8 percent of votes tallied as of 8:35 p.m. were cast against the plan, compared to 36.2 percent in favor. More than 116,000 votes have been tallied.

It does not bode well for Regional Mass Transit since the surrounding counties are more conservative politically.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, nashville_bound said:

I am surprised by the lopsided result - According to results tallied by NewsChannel 5, with 87 percent of precincts reporting, 63.8 percent of votes tallied as of 8:35 p.m. were cast against the plan, compared to 36.2 percent in favor. More than 116,000 votes have been tallied.

Now your side comes up with a good alternative. Right?