The Transportation and Mass Transit Megathread

TopTenn

40 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Downtown is the one place I would allow them, haha.

Is this more talking about the tractors driving around?   "Industry vehicles"

This is response to the tractors, mobile hot tubs, repurposed fire trucks, and etc that feel as though they can blare music as loud as humanly possible(some of them are almost as bad as standing next to Kid Rock’s), and park anywhere they want to(they like to stop at the liquor store/DGX and block the garage entrances/traffic thru lanes on 3rd) because the city can’t regulate them. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I think they are now calling it WeGo Music City Star. I agree The whole  “wego”  rebranding is a disaster. Sounds like two toddler friends who need to pee at the same time...wego pee, okay?

Absolutely embarrassing and ridiculous. Anyone know who came up with WeGo? An outside consultant or was this "creativity" an inhouse idea?

Edited by bnacincy
Content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Nathan_in_the_UK said:

So...has WeGo been subtly trying to re-brand the Music City Star to the WeGo Star? I've noticed in much of their marketing materials and in all of the post-tornado service updates they're referring to it as such.

Personally, I am not a fan. The WeGo re-branding as a whole chose a horrible name, and rebranding the train as the WeGo Star is just confusing. 

Yes, it was rebranded to WeGo Star when MTA was rebranded to WeGo potty 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, bnacincy said:

Absolutely embarrassing and ridiculous. Anyone know who came up with WeGo? An outside consultant or was this "creativity" an inhouse idea?

Agreed... I hate everything about it.  I really do.  It sounds like some private bus company in a small Midwestern town without any public transit that primarily just shuttles senior citizens to and from the nursing home.   It's really, really awful... not to mention it's probably confusing as hell to any out-of-towners.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2

I was looking at the Tennessean's March 2000 photo album and one of the pictures was of a woman on the 'East Nashville trolley'.  After searching I found this article from March 2000.  I had never heard of an East Nashville trolley from that era, does anyone have more details?

16 hours ago, markhollin said:

I don’t pretend to know the Franklin tourism breakdowns, but I would assume the tourists are more of an older group? 

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 5:18 PM, bnacincy said:

I don't know the name, but I am 90% sure I remember my wife saying she knew of the local marketing firm that came up with the idea.

I think the transformation to the WeGo brand is quite good.  The new name, logo and livery work well together.
I only wish the new branding had somewhere included “Nashville” or “Music City”.   I liked the old tag line “Your ticket to Music City”.

The previous Nashville MTA logo and colors were extremely dated.   Unfortunately many of the newer bus shelters still have the old MTA design incorporated into the bus shelter which will be expensive to update. 

• Like 1

Agreed! Nashville's downtown is full of tourists. How would an out-of-towner be able to easily distinguish a "Wego" from the rest of the other sightseeing buses that roam around town?  Some might say they were too clever by half... I just say bizarrely stupid... or stupidly bizarre. 

20 hours ago, japan said:

I don’t pretend to know the Franklin tourism breakdowns, but I would assume the tourists are more of an older group? 

Franklin is a little too spread out for scooters IMHO. Cool Springs is not pedestrian/scooter friendly and downtown is compact enough where scooters aren't really necessary. Even if they had voted yes I don't see scooters being viable or successful anywhere in Williamson County. I can see scooters working in Murfreesboro between downtown and MTSU.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Agreed! Nashville's downtown is full of tourists. How would an out-of-towner be able to easily distinguish a "Wego" from the rest of the other sightseeing buses that roam around town?  Some might say they were too clever by half... I just say bizarrely stupid... or stupidly bizarre. 

Really? The WeGo buses load and unload passengers next to a bus stop sign. If tourists can't figure that out...

• Like 1

LOL... tourists are pretty stupid... especially after a night on a binge. I recall being in Dublin with our kids a few years back... we decided to do one of those hop-on-hop-off bus tours... and ALL the buses stopped at designated stops. For a city that size, I didn't expect there to be TWO of the hop-on services, in addition to two other municipal bus systems. Suffice it to say, we were the stupid tourists. We tried to get on the wrong bus at least three times. 

• Haha 2