Sign in to follow this  
vicupstate

Park Place on Hudson

I really hate to say, but these are turning out horribly! Hopefully the landscaping and paint helps remove the look of government subsidized housing/Microtel Inn. Eeeek!

Edited by GvilleSC

10 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

I really hate to say, but these are turning out horribly! Hopefully the landscaping and paint helps remove the look of government subsidized housing/Microtel Inn. Eeeek!

I don't like to judge before the job is done and I'm sure the landscaping will really improve the look, but yeah, I agree with you. These are kind of boring.

This is a nice project.  Quality construction and finishes.  Going to be great next to the new park.

There's some redeeming characteristics like the front patios, which will be nice when people add furniture, etc. However, the roofline is absolutely terrible-- cheapens the entire project. 

I wish they had worked with Duke Power to have the lines buried, or at least relocated. Some legitimate street trees would go a long way towards curb appeal. 

I agree that simply stepping down the roof line a few times would have gone a long way toward improving the overall appearance. The front facades look OK, but that is one huge monolithic roof. Stepping the building down to follow the slope of the street would have also helped reduce some of the ridiculous amount of stairs on the front porch of the downhill units. 

All the units have garages underneath...stepping down the roof line/elevation of each unit would have caused a major grading obstacle to allow for the parking in the rear.