Rural King

MSA South - Williamson & Rutherford Counties

Here is a link to a Tennessean article about the possibility of a large insurance company relocating to middle Tennessee. They talk about Franklin (Cool Springs) and Nashville (DT in the AT&T building where Nissan is vacating) being two possibilities. Hopefully, Nashville can snag this one to help DT office vacancy, sorry Franklin.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...9/80507062/1164

The possible relocation of a division of the Jackson National Life Insurance Company to either Cool Springs or the AT&T building without incentives sounds great. This is a very positive sign that the Nashville metro is becoming quite attractive business locale via its own synergy and merits, perhaps enough so that incentives will play a less important role in luring new businesses/industries during these slower economic times nationally.

I sure hope it goes to DT, but I fear it won't because if it comes down to Franklin v. Metro, Franklin is always willing to shell out the cash to get businesses, sadly. BTW the Brentwood thing hasn't really panned out.... it's going, but it's a VERY, VERY slow process. If you go down there and look you'll hardly notice it's under way.

Thanks for the reply franktown. I haven't been to Brentwood in awhile. I am also guessing Franklin will win. Oh well, at least they are in middle TN and if they are coming from Mich. then it might bring more Predwings to town (helping the hockey image, even if they do cheer for the Red Wings)! :lol:

Edited by timmay143

As much as I hate it, it's good for the region as a whole to have companies here; even if they're in Wilco. For instance, Nissan is doing the partnership with the Nashville Symphony to help Metro Schools even though they're going to be in Wilco.... a rising tide lifts all boats. It's just too bad they'll end up in CS instead of DT.

I am not sure if they are a big enough tenant (Jackson National Life Insurance Company), but Alex or Eakin need to jump on this opportunity to lure a tenant DT in one of their offices.

CODA breaks ground on Camden Commons in Franklin.

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

There is still a lot going on in the greater Nashville area despite the slow down. This is a 70 million dollar project. By the time these finish the market should have corrected itself. This is going to take 3 years to complete.

Thought I'd snap a pic of the Nissan HQ now that the exterior is pretty much finished. I have to say that this building looks pretty space age like. I actually like it quite a bit for a "soulless" office building. I still cant help but think if this building had gone downtown what kind of building we would be looking at today. Nevertheless...

photo-10.jpg

Thought I'd snap a pic of the Nissan HQ now that the exterior is pretty much finished. I have to say that this building looks pretty space age like. I actually like it quite a bit for a "soulless" office building. I still cant help but think if this building had gone downtown what kind of building we would be looking at today. Nevertheless...

photo-10.jpg

one of the reasons that this building didn't go downtown was that nissan was wanting a campus style layout. to build downtown would have simply been too expensive and they likely would have gone elsewhere. as for the building itself, i like it a lot. it's not too flashy but still sticks out. and it's a very green building. that and the company my dad is with did it. :lol:

The possible relocation of a division of the Jackson National Life Insurance Company to either Cool Springs or the AT&T building without incentives sounds great. This is a very positive sign that the Nashville metro is becoming quite attractive business locale via its own synergy and merits, perhaps enough so that incentives will play a less important role in luring new businesses/industries during these slower economic times nationally.

i'd actually like to see jackson, tn get this. i mean come on, the name is perfect! i'm not above sharing the wealth to our west tn brothers. :)

i drove past this the other day. its very sleek building! im glad nashville (metro) is getting green buildings finally!

I was in Franklin the other day and noticed a new crane up with 5 stories of steel already erected at McEwen Town Center. A lot of other construction has taken place there as well. I just cant keep up any longer. Even with the slowdown there is a lot happening all over the mid state.

I found an article in the TN today about Cool Springs possiby landing another company!

Unnamed company could move to Cool Springs

Here are a couple more about some road projects.

New portion of Carothers Parkway opens next week

Lewisburg Pike widening meeting set for next week

Edited by timmay143

Thanks for the update. I am now down there all the time, but never have a camera with me. I am blown away at all the high end gated communities that are in and around Franklin.

The new Nissan NA headquarters building in Cool Springs is almost ready. Some thing pretty interesting, the comment about pushing for better mass transit. I am glad that Nissan is in the Middle TN area. I wished they would have chosen downtown, but it seems they wanted the campus layout (maybe the May Center will help out in this area for Davidson county?). I am hoping Nashville and the Middle TN region can work together on transportation, developments, and sharing corporate locations fairly. I am not sure the answer is a regional consolidation, but I hope the region works together and not against each other. It is also great to see the building be LEED certified (silver, I think) and that they preserved a small wildlife area. It would be great to see Nissan push for better mass transit options. I imagine there will be a need for a better connection between Smyrna and Cool Springs.

Monday begins Nissan's long-awaited move to Cool Springs

edit: I can't wait to see some pictures of the finished product!

Edited by timmay143

Here is another article talking about the new Carothers expansion for the new Nissan building. They also talk about an additional expansion of the road to Liberty Pike. I can't believe the incredible change this area has experienced in the past 15-20 years.

City rolls out asphalt red carpet for Nissan

Edited by timmay143

I did some math, and that stretch of road was 20 million / mile.... amazing huh? And people flip out about light rail being expensive at 5 million / mile!

CoolSprings Galleria announces 200,000 square-foot expansion

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...NESS01/80718028

The owners of CoolSprings Galleria plan a 200,000 square foot addition to the mall, an open-air shopping center with rooftop parking decks that will be built in 2011 on its existing parking lot.

"This is something we have wanted to do for a very long time, mainly because major retailers come to us and want to be part of CoolSprings Galleria and we have not had space for them,'' said mall marketing director Dana Katterjohn.

The mall, which is 1.3 million square feet, is owned by Chattanooga-based CBL & Associates Properties, Inc.

The CoolSprings Galleria currently has a 99 percent occupancy rate, which makes it impossible to bring many new retailers, Katterjohn said.

She said Nordstrom Inc. is among retailers who have talked to CBL officials "but space was an issue."

Instead, Nordstrom announced earlier this year that it would open in the fall of 2010 at The Mall At Green Hills in Nashville.

The first phase of the development, which will feature retailers and restaurants, is scheduled to open in 2011 on the Mallory Lane side of the mall. The exact size of the first phase has not been determined, Katterjohn said. No parking will be lost because parking decks will be created, she said.

No deals with retailers have been signed.

Katterjohn said the addition, to be called "The District at CoolSprings Galleria,'' will feature smaller anchors than those that exist at the current mall such as Macy's and Dillard's.

"The expansion will introduce a targeted selection of junior anchors, an array of high-fashion boutiques and quality sit-down restaurants in a luxurious outdoor atmosphere,'' the mall said in a press release. "The District at CoolSprings Galleria will feature an open-air, streetscape setting with unique and eye-catching storefronts, attractive architectural elements, extensive landscaping and pedestrian-friendly walkways. "

As I drove out to my land on Peytonsville Road, I passed by the Berry Farms Rheams-Flemming portion of the development (south of the Wilco Ag Center) and it appears they are putting in the sewer and on the very southern edge of this property it appears they are starting to move dirt for interior road ways. I believe this is part of the overall Berry Farms development where more of the office space will go?

I now spend a lot of time in Franklin working and there is a lot of construction still going on. I will take some pics later, but I am amazed at what has happened there in the past few years. Like it or not guys Franklin is part of the Metro area and it is sprawl, however Franklin is no different than many other areas around larger metro areas. I am glad its doing well and it seems this area will continue to have a lot of upscale growth.

I figured it would be a short time before there was an upscale hotel here. I was in Atlanta around Perimeter square and noticed a lot of upscale hotels just outside the loop and had the thought then that Franklin needed a nice upscale hotel. Dont be jealous, Nashville still has the Hermitage, Renaissance and Lowe's to name a few.

Franklin is a very important part of the Metro area as is Murfreesboro, Hendersonville, Mt Juliet, Lebanon, and Smyrna. Dont get mad if I left out a few. Too many to name.

Just saw on News 5 that there are 7 new hotels being built in Cool Springs and there will be 3000 rooms there when they're done! Wow! In addition to the Westin, there's supposed to be a hotel built there at 10 stories and over 300 rooms.

I guess that's what a Nissan HQ will buy you.

Sorry I don't have a link. I checked their site and it's not up yet.