Rural King

MSA South - Williamson & Rutherford Counties

Couldn't they change the zoning codes? I would imagine they would if it meant continuing to grow or not. Granted, this is years and years away. There's still plenty of land to be had in Cool Springs and Franklin. Mack Hatcher Pkwy is still completely undeveloped 'cept where it meets up with Hwy 96.

I actually grew up in Franklin and over the past 31 years have seen tremendous change of course...mostly for the better some not so much.

As for the Hotels I have received confirmation that the Westin will be located in the new Meridian area off Carothers Parkway. The two buildings now known as Corporate Centre will be renamed as Meridian One and Meridian Two...the new Westin will be located between these two main buildings and will include a parking garages.

There is also a hotel called aloft that will be located next to D1 Sports and Jonathans. This will be much more of a boutique hotel and very unique!! Right now it looks like they are planning on being up and operational in October.

Other great things coming in the Meridian (which is near where I work thank goodness) are Swanky Taco and a Cajun Steamers. Both are restaurants. I've actually never eaten at either.

I was in Franklin the other day and noticed a new crane up with 5 stories of steel already erected at McEwen Town Center. A lot of other construction has taken place there as well. I just cant keep up any longer. Even with the slowdown there is a lot happening all over the mid state.

Its actually looking extremely busy over there with apartments and office building going up. It will be interesting once complete

Brentwood Planning Commission approved the Town Center Project 7:3. Once the city commission approves it, we will begin to see construction this fall. I personally think that this could spur more development in Brentwood, which has been lagging behind Franklin and Nashville for the past couple of years.

Town center is a 20,000sf office/retail complex to go up at the intersection of Franklin RD and Town Center Way.

Nice. I saw some PDF's of the study, and they look to be doing the right thing. Pedestrian friendly and street front friendly were key points.

Here are a couple of articles on the Brentwood Town Center from the TN. I haven't seen any drawings or renderings so I am not sure what the design issue is. I did see a PDF of a study done awhile back of things they would like to see. Anyone else have more info on this project? Looks like construction will begin soon on November 15th.

Town Center design will remain for now

Williamson County: Town Center design standards unaltered

Interesting article on how one manufacturer/retailer moved from Cool Springs to Nolensville due to the traffic congestion.

Clogged Cool Springs sent manufacturer packing

Gift card producer finds niche in Nolensville

"I was absolutely tired of the traffic situation," he said. So earlier this year, the Brentwood resident closed that office and opened a new, 27,000-square-foot facility in Nolensville. The move has allowed Prince to remain close to home while avoiding the high prices and inconveniences he encountered around Franklin.

That means it plans to stay viable in the Nolensville for years, and the company has already started investing in the surrounding area by helping create a walkable community. The company is working with Nolensville's Trees and Trails committee to create a path to a nearby park and Nolensville Elementary School.

But as other manufacturers eye relocating to Nolensville, Prince is in danger of again facing the congestion that once drove him out of Cool Springs.

"I'm not naive enough to believe it's not going to happen here in time enough as well, but in the meantime, it's awesome to come to work in an environment like Nolensville," he said.

It looks like consideration (whatever that means) was approved for a shot at a Spring Hill hospital again. This is an ER facility, but it seems like if this is approved it will open the door for the rest of a hospital. Vanderbilt and Williamson and Maury Regional centers are opposed to this.

$9M Spring Hill ER Proposal Approved

Centennial Medical Center Wants To Build New Facility

Edited by timmay143

It seems the building has really fallen off. Anyone have any news and/or rumors?

The economy really ate up all the really juicy deveopments that would have been amazing for Murfreesboro and Smyrna:

Murfreesboro:

Westlawn, Marymont Springs, The Avenue Phases 2&3 including the Mariott, Drury Inn, and Hyatt Place that backed out, Indigo Development, South Church Street development, Manson Pike Shopping bridge over broadstreet

Smyrna: Smyrna Commons, Colonial Promenade phases 2&3 including Marshall's, J.C.Penney, Belk, Best Buy, and other retail, Sam Ridley Parkway extension to Cool Springs connecting Nissan headquarters to Smyrna plants

Thompson lane seems to be weathering the storm with a new Walgreens, office buildings, Gateway Village as well as continued development along Medical Center Parkway. As for the other developments, we'll just have to wait and see.

There is something going on at the empty lot beside Dunkin Donuts down near the Lowe's on Sam Ridley. They are moving dirt and have a constrution sign up, but no indication of what's is being built there. Oh, this is in Smyrna.

Mars Petcare is planning on building their HQ's in Thompson Station in Williamson County. The HQ consist of a 500,000 sqft campus with at least 5 buildings on 54 acres of land off of Columbia Pike south of 840.

Currently they least two places in Williamson County of 142,000 sqft with 118,000 sqft in a Cool Springs Blvd office building owned by Duke Realty.

Could be a few years before building because they still have a few years left on the current lease.

http://www.bizjourna...tation-for.html

Edited by timmay143

Found this while looking for something about the apartments by Bristol going in at the sold Lionstone parcel.

Bell Historic Franklin

http://www.bristolde...ortfolio_fd.htm

Located in Historic Franklin, Tennessee, just east of The Factory, and close to downtown shopping, fine dining and entertainment.

15.1 Acres

218 Units

112 One-Bedroom Units

100 Two-Bedroom Units

6 Three-Bedroom Townhomes

966 Square Foot average

Construction Start Date - August 2011 (Construction has commenced!)

bellhistoricfranklinimg.jpg

Edited by timmay143