Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

I posted a few weeks back about the clearing of woods beside the Lowes on Sam Ridley.  They have gone from a thinning stage to all out flattening evey twig on that lot and it is much larger then I tought. It does have high power lines running thru it.  No sign to let nosey people like me know what they are really doing.  I really think every project should have a sign saying what  (if anything) is being built.  It drives me crazy not knowing.  So, once again, before I explode does any one know what is going there?

I posted a few weeks back about the clearing of woods beside the Lowes on Sam Ridley.  They have gone from a thinning stage to all out flattening evey twig on that lot and it is much larger then I tought. It does have high power lines running thru it.  No sign to let nosey people like me know what they are really doing.  I really think every project should have a sign saying what  (if anything) is being built.  It drives me crazy not knowing.  So, once again, before I explode does any one know what is going there?

There are several spots on Sam Ridley that I'm wondering what is being done.  First is this land you're talking about.  Seems they must be either getting it ready to sell...or this is a pretty large development going in there.

Second...do you know what they're building next to Mattress King...between that and the Bank of America branch on Sam Ridley?

Lastly...is that a hotel going up on the hill behind O'Charley's?

There are several spots on Sam Ridley that I'm wondering what is being done.  First is this land you're talking about.  Seems they must be either getting it ready to sell...or this is a pretty large development going in there.

Second...do you know what they're building next to Mattress King...between that and the Bank of America branch on Sam Ridley?

Lastly...is that a hotel going up on the hill behind O'Charley's?

The hotel is a Candlewood Suites. Another Marriott hotel is planned for Sam Ridley, as well. My uncle is a county commissioner and has informed me that Outback Steakhouse and T.G.I Fridays have submitted plans for new restaurants on Sam Ridley, so we should see them pop up soon. I'm not sure what's going on next to Matress King, but just before the recession, J.C. Penney and Belk had plans for department stores next to Lowes, but those plans never came to fruition.

The hotel is a Candlewood Suites. Another Marriott hotel is planned for Sam Ridley, as well. My uncle is a county commissioner and has informed me that Outback Steakhouse and T.G.I Fridays have submitted plans for new restaurants on Sam Ridley, so we should see them pop up soon. I'm not sure what's going on next to Matress King, but just before the recession, J.C. Penney and Belk had plans for department stores next to Lowes, but those plans never came to fruition.

Hmm...I wonder where Outback and TGIF will go?  Maybe they'll go in that area across from Walgreens that is being cleared.  Doesn't seem like a lot of other areas to build them on Sam Ridley...unless they go on that land you mentioned beside Lowes.

• Like 2

I like the Sam Ridley area of Smyrna. Seems nice. Its a good in-between if you dont want to live in Nashville (or cant afford it) but dont want to go all the way to Murfreesboro.

It's not bad.  I-24 is a pain to mess with...but ok.  Smyrna is a decent place to live.  I like it.

Edited by titanhog

dang guys, I saw this last night and figured someone would have shared by now

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2014/12/02/mt-juliet-la-vergne-get-high-speed-internet-availability/19797723/

TDS telecom bringing gigabit Fiber internet to Mt. Juliet and La Vergne.  as part of a tv package.

I will tell you from personal experience when I lived at Providence from 2007-2009 I had their tv and 12 meg internet and both were horrible but we were also their alpha test subjects. any technical issue they had to fly in technicians from Wisconsin to fix them and phone support usually didnt know they offered tv. Im sure its better now. 

It sounds like they are trying to beat Goggle into town.

The company is M-TEK, a Japanese automotive manufacturer. This makes the third corporate headquarters relocation for Murfreesboro within one year. Other companies, Enovate Medical and Schwan Cosmetics announced plans earlier this year and late last year.

http://www.dnj.com/story/news/local/2014/12/05/auto-company-picks-murfreesboro-hq-jobs/19952741/

Edited by Justiceham