Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

That is strange. I had images not showing up on my I pad, but they do show up on my PC. Technology makes my head hurt.

I figure there is in the neighborhood of 3 billion in construction going on in this little area.  There are also projects I had no idea about, and probably more in the works.

Looking for a volunteer to the keep those projects up to date for me.

I drove through CoolSprings yesterday (try to avoid for various and obvious reasons). It's quite something to see all the growth. You could almost call it a sprawling (as there are numbers buildings in the five to 10-story range that give the area some height). 

Downtown Franklin was bustling. Hadn't visited in two years. 

WW

The pics of Cool Springs look great. What are you using to post them so that they show up on the forum?

I either take them with a Nikon D 80 or my iPad mini. I then use Imagr account to post them. There are several image web services that are out there you can use that are free. I use a paid account to have more bandwidth.

Forgot to post this.

15835555788_76e735c492_b.jpg

This is a building U/C in downtown Franklin, at the intersection of 9th and Columbia Ave (about 2 blocks from 5 points), next to Franklin Synergy Bank and near the Franklin Police Dept. 

For a new building, it has some really nice architectural touches. Anyone know what it is?

There used to be "Red's Gas Station" there, or atleast that's what everyone called 'him'.  He used to sell us loosey Newports for a quarter ** cough ** underage ** cough **. 

Hope 'Red' got paid since he used to look really depressed.

Edited by grilled_cheese

on my one trip to Maine, I made several observations. It was cold in July. the people looked like jersey shore but thought they were southern white trash. food was expensive. but the nicest thing.

No Billboards anywhere.  

anyway back to murfreesboro.  I honestly had no idea they had restrictions on signs.  I know cool springs does.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Wright. Looking forward to many more post. I am glad to see traffic up on this thread.

I was about to combine with the Franklin thread, but changed my mind. I am going to re work a few threads in the near future, but I will keep this as is. The Boro is starting to heat up. Its probably on fire, but I don't get down there to often. I have to rely on you guess to keep it up to date and post pictures. Did I say PICTURES!

We like our own thread here.  Don't merge us with Franklin.

J.O.

Don't worry, but I am going to change the pinned threads a little. Not much.

Off topic, I know, but how about a transportation thread?

Is that different than the mass transit thread or are you suggesting changing the name which would make sense. I sort of like that idea.

Don't worry, but I am going to change the pinned threads a little. Not much.

Is that different than the mass transit thread or are you suggesting changing the name which would make sense. I sort of like that idea.

I know mass transit, in general, falls under the transportation topic umbrella. However, a separate topic on roads and highway issues might generate some lively discussion, also. There is a similar topic in the Charlotte forum which seems to stay busy.

I would be active on that subject with my TDOT and private sector background in Traffic Engineering, Intelligent Transportation Systems, street lighting and highway signing. 

I know mass transit, in general, falls under the transportation topic umbrella. However, a separate topic on roads and highway issues might generate some lively discussion, also. There is a similar topic in the Charlotte forum which seems to stay busy.

I would be active on that subject with my TDOT and private sector background in Traffic Engineering, Intelligent Transportation Systems, street lighting and highway signing.

Let me see what I can come up with. I think I will merge a couple and delete a couple and maybe add a couple. I need to think it out.

• Like 1

I went to the Austin Peay vs. Tennessee State game in Clarksville a couple of months ago to check out my alma mater's new stadium. It is very nice.

It may hold up to 15,000 total, which is large for an FCS Division school, and has all the stadium niceties (ample concessions, restrooms, etc.) you would expect in a top tier (but small) college football stadium. And the game was close as APSU led until the last minutes in front of a near capacity crowd of maybe over 13,000. That would be an all time record for the Peay. It is definitely not the same old APSU, which would have been blown out by 40 points a year ago. Maybe the investment in football facilities will pay off in success on the field.

APSUFB3_zps6d7362b7.jpg

APSUFB1_zps94b28e27.jpg

and my googlized version.....

APSUFB2_zpseebe7f2c.jpg

Welcome to the forum Wright. Looking forward to many more post. I am glad to see traffic up on this thread.

I was about to combine with the Franklin thread, but changed my mind. I am going to re work a few threads in the near future, but I will keep this as is. The Boro is starting to heat up. Its probably on fire, but I don't get down there to often. I have to rely on you guess to keep it up to date and post pictures. Did I say PICTURES!

I always forget to read the Franklin/Williamson Co thread because it's in the Coffee House. 

Billboards help the local economy and tourism tax base. You want a scenic route, take it as the interstates were never designed for "scenic travel".

I'd like to see the numbers on that, actually. Do you know if there has ever been a good study done on the economic impact of billboards?

I could see it being something of a bell curve, with a sweet spot in the middle.  Of course, a lot of it would have to do with signage design, what it's selling, locations, etc., but I could see it having a negative effect if you're bombarded with them.  To be honest, when I'm travelling, I tend to rely more on my cell phone, the blue information signs, local knowledge, etc., rather than a billboard.

I don't think all billboards are bad. I think some are bland or tacky. I think too many of them is a bad thing. But ban all billboards? I don't think I'm on board with that. While they can be unsightly, they can actually be very helpful for road travel. They are also obviously a big deal for small towns that might have no other reason to stop...

• Like 2