Rural King

MSA South - Williamson & Rutherford Counties

Interesting. That project was called Jamison Station and they got the first couple of buildings done before the developer went belly-up. It's a great new urbanist section of town that the city is already internally seeing as a TOD because it's where Franklin's station will go when we get some form of regional transit.

That's cool. I know I've seen some urban type things near downtown Franklin before. I think they were some town houses built a few year back. Franklin has a great downtown area, and it is great to see them utilizing it in an urban way. Downtown Franklin has some great older houses around too. The same goes for Murfreesboro.

Here are some photos from CS. I saw three projects there the other night while eating at Chuy's. Four cranes total! I don't know what they are. I'll do some research or if anyone knows and wants to shed some light on the mystery.

First one with a mobile crane. I've posted a (poor) shot of this one before. It is on the east side of 65 and farthest north.

6117624672_0b42cb58b0_b.jpg

Untitled by timmay143, on Flickr

Here is the second one. It has a steel frame up and is located on the east side as well but a little further south. It has two cranes. It is not visible in this shot.

6117069397_89121a643a_b.jpg

Same project and you can see both cranes.

6115133744_a90383b4ca_b.jpg

Here is just a shot of the CS area.

6115130094_2a70e9a39c_b.jpg

This is the third one. In the middle of the picture in the distance. It looks close to being complete. This was taken from the CS Blvd off ramp of 65S. You can see the Nissan NA HQ on the left.

6115126462_78f11aec87_b.jpg

Another shot at the intersection of Mallory and CS Blvd.

6114578489_5c50ba915d_b.jpg

Here are some close ups.

picnikfile_skhURc by timmay143, on Flickr

6117950452_f39520915f.jpg

picnikfile_6tccNV by timmay143, on Flickr

6117955756_639b2e9ce6.jpg

picnikfile_V_cxrY by timmay143, on Flickr

picnikfile_A7WHUM by timmay143, on Flickr

6117924600_4585f71d18.jpg

picnikfile_iuLqe1 by timmay143, on Flickr

Edited by timmay143

I saw the same cranes up myself and yes the third and the last are the Drury Hotel. The rest I am not sure. There was suppose to be a new IRS building on McEwen and I don't know if that has started yet or not. I do know there was a spec office building being built as well. but as for location I don't know.

Posted this in the new Wilson Co./Lebanon/Mt. Juliet thread I started. Murfreesboro and Lebanon are getting new Amazon.con distribution centers!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20111007/NEWS01/111007024/Amazon-targets-Murfreesboro-Lebanon-new-sites?odyssey=tab{sodEmoji.|}topnews{sodEmoji.|}img{sodEmoji.|}FRONTPAGE

New call center for Franklin.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120224/BUSINESS01/302240135/-1/7daysarchives/Franklin-call-center-opens-150-jobs-possible

A direct marketer is expanding its presence in Franklin, which could create as many as 150 jobs.

Affinion Group Inc. opened a call center at its 801 Crescent Centre Drive facility on Friday, company spokesman Michael Bush said. The company plans to initially hire 100 to 120 people, with employment ultimately expected to peak at 150 or so, he said.

Affion, headquartered in Stamford, Conn., already employs about 500 in Williamson County.

Potential of the last bit of land in MF being developed. That and the demo of the Murray site.

Brentwood acreage awaits development - Grading work could start soon on last big chunk of land in huge office park

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120305/WILLIAMSON08/303050022/Brentwood-acreage-awaits-development?odyssey=mod{sodEmoji.|}mostview

A new Residence Inn is coming to the Medical Center Parkway and will be built by Franklin-based Vision Hospitality. In another 12-18 months, they'll start a Courtyard by Marriott and will be adjacent to this site. Both are to be located near the Embassy Suites already there.

http://www.dnj.com/article/20120920/BUSINESS/309200027/Residence-Inn-garners-site-approval?odyssey=tab{sodEmoji.|}topnews{sodEmoji.|}text{sodEmoji.|}FRONTPAGE

• Like 1

Murfreesboro really is exploding right now. Two new walmart super centers have been approved with one going on south Church Street and the other on Memorial Boulevard. Also a new shopping center over 200,000 square feet is also proposed near the new Joe B. Jackson extension along South Church Street. It will be called Marketplace at Savannah Ridge. Developed by Baker Story Macdonald, the center will have 4 anchors and several smaller outlets. Fortress Landing is a 130-acre mixed use development along Manson Pike that will have luxury apartments, retail, and office space. 264 units of class A apartments called Integra Creek. In addition, a Walgreens has also been approved for the development. I would add some things about MTSU, but there are too many projects to list.

full_33219.jpg

Looks like they came to their senses and are closing the road that leads to the downtown area. Leaving it open had been requested in the 90's and doing that would have killed the operational efficiency of the project.

The project will improve overall operation but will still have significant delay problems. There's just too much traffic here. It was one of the five busiest intersections in the state at one time.

Edited by PHofKS

I know there's a heap of "new" things in M'boro, as I pass through there regularly.  

Here is just something that I really didn't have to dig around to find.  The Tennessean and Post report that Germany-based Schwan Cosmetics is relocating its American HQ to Murfreesboro from New Jersey, and bringing 450 jobs to their new plant there.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131113/WILSON01/311130063/2095/BUSINESS02?nclick_check=1

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2013/11/13/global_cosmetics_firm_bringing_450_jobs_to_the_boro

Edited by MLBrumby

I know there's a heap of "new" things in M'boro, as I pass through there regularly.  

Here is just something that I really didn't have to dig around to find.  The Tennessean and Post report that Germany-based Schwan Cosmetics is relocating its American HQ to Murfreesboro from New Jersey, and bringing 450 jobs to their new plant there.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131113/WILSON01/311130063/2095/BUSINESS02?nclick_check=1

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2013/11/13/global_cosmetics_firm_bringing_450_jobs_to_the_boro

This is great news. I wonder where it will be located.

Planet Fitness will open a new location in Murfreesboro near the Stones River Mall area. Teen retail store Five Below is under construction in the Towne Center shopping center next to Toys R Us. This will be the first location in Tennessee. The company has a large logistics space in Olive Branch for its first Memphis distribution center.