Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

It's just a huge wasted opportunity in creating something cutting edge for design in the Boro, because it's fairly boring with stringent guidelines for absolutely no basis reasoning. 

• Like 1

What's going on with the Oak Grove Village?

Last I had heard, it had stalled and they were looking for a partner developer/investor company in order to proceed. IMO, it's only being placed in Oak Grove due to cheaper sales tax in KY. It would be a more successful venture if developed near the exit 1 or 11 areas in Clarksville.

Well the first experience they had with residential has gone VERY poorly due to Bristol. Bristol handled everything about this poorly and has built a product that doesn't look great. Their buildings seem on the same level as Stonehenge, which is a shame since Bristol is a local company.

Well the first experience they had with residential has gone VERY poorly due to Bristol. Bristol handled everything about this poorly and has built a product that doesn't look great. Their buildings seem on the same level as Stonehenge, which is a shame since Bristol is a local company.

It's not the aesthetics they're concerned with, when they say high quality=low density and that apartments cause "problems" they're talking about "quality" of people.  

I have zero interest in Brentwood or Cool Springs and don't care what choices they make, in fact I'd favor a wider variety of available types of housing and communities for people to choose from, but the attitude irks me when their lifestyle choices are being subsidized in various ways (home mtg interest deduction, charging the same for cable, mail, electricity etc. regardless of the cost of extending those services, not taxing cars for the costs from the pollution they produce), and a lot of these are the same people that oppose mass transit and anything else they don't profit from directly.

• Like 2

There's a new Indian restaurant in Murfreesboro! It's called Tandoor and is located in-between the Chop House and Bonefish Grill on Thompson Ln. I went tonight and it was really good. The Pfunky Griddle next door is good, too. I had brunch there on Saturday. :)

"I'm really grateful that the city of Brentwood is not a high-density community, we're a high-quality community," said Mayor Betsy Crossley. "And I think tonight we're making an important decision to continue this not being a high-density community." LOL, the Antioch shade...ouch.

There's a new Indian restaurant in Murfreesboro! It's called Tandoor and is located in-between the Chop House and Bonefish Grill on Thompson Ln. I went tonight and it was really good. The Pfunky Griddle next door is good, too. I had brunch there on Saturday. :)

I was there last night as well, I wonder if we saw each other!  We wouldn't know...

My meal was tasty too, I'll be back.

Nissan to invest $170 Million in Smyrna for new "supplier park"...creating upwards of 1000 jobs (up to 1700 indirectly).

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/03/smyrnas-big-100m-investment-about-to-be-revealed.html

Well...it is kinda a new company (or companies).  From the way I understand it, Nissan will build the 1.5 Million Sq Ft building...then any Nissan supplier who wants to set up shop here can come in and hire.  Sounds almost like the medical mart thing, but with auto suppliers.  Could mean 20-30 or more new suppliers opening shop in Smyrna.

I didn't read far enough in the linked article in your comment.  So Nissan will build the facility and let companies that supplies parts to Nissan rent? or use for free? the building.  And Tennessee will throw in $35,00,000 to do this and might get "upwards" of 1000 jobs.  I realize states want jobs and will pay dearly for them. And if we don't pay it another state will.  I just don't like corporate welfare.  Hey Tennessee I have a small sheet metal company and want to expand and double my work force.  It will mean 10 new jobs.  Got some cash you can give to me?  Maybe they do this already and it's such a small number, it doesn't make it to the media.  Sorry, i wasn't ranting about you t'hog.  Just something that "Grinds my Gears",  Thank you Peter Griffin.

• Like 1

When they continue to actively keep impoverished people out I'm sure it's a lot easier to stay healthy on a whole.

Source:  Spent a decade+ in Williamson.  Brentwood is one of the worst offenders.

They also have the lowest unemployment rate in the state--since unemployed people can't afford to live there.

• Like 1

Phase II has begun construction on East Main Village project. Plans call for 44 three story town homes fronting Middle Tennessee Boulevard. Construction stalled 8 years ago due to the recession but is back on track. 

https://www.facebook.com/RegentHomes/photos/a.588463597875818.1073741825.216387555083426/829933243728851/?type=1&theater

Superspeedway purchase nearly complete.  I found this quote interesting: "Led by Rob Sexton, NeXovation plans to roll out a "completely new business model" for the speedway, one that will serve both the motorsports and automotive manufacturing sectors."

I wonder what the auto manufacturing sector will have to do with this?  Test track?

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2015/3/30/superspeedway_buyer_says_it_has_finalized_funding

• Like 1

Where is this "Rick's" anyway? (my real "nick-namesake") I live in SW Nashville, but I go to the 'Boro about once ever two weeks (or more).

-==-

A full service location on Warrior Drive near Riverdale HS (just of South Church St.).

A drive thru only location on Memorial Blvd near VA Hospital.

Phase II has begun construction on East Main Village project. Plans call for 44 three story town homes fronting Middle Tennessee Boulevard. Construction stalled 8 years ago due to the recession but is back on track. 

https://www.facebook.com/RegentHomes/photos/a.588463597875818.1073741825.216387555083426/829933243728851/?type=1&theater

About damn time. I despised passing by that lot and knowing even during the recession they could've been built and succeeded being right across the street from MTSU.