Rural King

MSA South - Williamson & Rutherford Counties

2 hours ago, henburg said:

I think landscaped beauty is probably more apt, but there are great views of hills surrounding all of the development. 

I've defended Cool Springs on here before, but I really do think it isn't as bad as many around here say. As far as suburbia goes, its pretty much the best you could ask for. 

Well, on that we can agree... as far as Nashville area suburbia goes it's about as good as it gets.  

Franklin and Cool Springs have restrictions on building on hilltops, so pretty much anywhere you stand in cool springs you can look around and see green hills. Plus there are a ton of trees everywhere, even the parking lots have spots with trees built into them to break the monotony and give shade. There are restrictions on billboards so you don’t have to stare at bunny bread advertisements while waiting for a green light (compare that to the drive down Hillsboro in Green Hills). There are lots of reasons to like Cool Springs. People who work there typically like working there, and people who live there like living there, from what I’ve gathered. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neigeville2 said:

^My office is there and I hate it.

I wasn’t speaking for everyone. My brother used to work for Mars in cool springs and he hated it too. I just meant that generally, by speaking with many people over the years, I get the impression that most like working there. But that’s just from what I’ve gathered, not through any scientific polling or anything. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2017 at 8:34 AM, markhollin said:

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 8.29.02 AM.png

This picture is way later than the others.  Im going to say this is at the oldest 1997.  I lived off of General George patton from 1992- 1997.  for most of that time the closest Kroger was on highway 96 in franklin. this picture has a kroger in it so it has to be at least 1995 or 6.  but my freshman year at Centennial, 1996-1997, Mallory ln dead ended at Jordan road, and I had to go around to Liberty Pike.   and Mallory is mostly finished here, so 1997 at the earliest.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

I wasn’t speaking for everyone. My brother used to work for Mars in cool springs and he hated it too. I just meant that generally, by speaking with many people over the years, I get the impression that most like working there. But that’s just from what I’ve gathered, not through any scientific polling or anything. 

I worked at the Healthways HQ and loved it.  Had beautiful pocket parks we used for events and kickball.  Close to a gym (during lunch) and all of Cool Springs to run errands if need be.  Sucked during Christmas madness.  Traffic is getting worse there but my co workers and I truly enjoyed working there.   It’s not for everyone and I get there’s some regional envy.  Because I’m tired of driving from 840 to downtown Nashville, I hope my company considers Berry Farm or Cool Springs.  

• Like 4

I know this is in Coffee County, but this thread seemed the best spot to place this story...

The Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival and Coffee County officials are nearing a deal to keep the festival in Manchester for the next several years, ease traffic congestion leading to the property and pave the way for more events at Great Stage Park.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2017/11/14/bonnaroo-nears-deal-remain-coffee-county-ease-traffic/857951001/

• Like 2