Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

^That's just plain... meh.

I hear ya, but this is what they are fighting against: ""I would have loved to have seen some gables tied in," said Waldron, a local builder who is worried the glassy front of the Judicial Center will be out of place with the nearby homes and other structures."

There is no public acceptance of any progressive design in Murfreesboro.

Gresham Smith and Partners have released the initial rendering of Rutherford County's new judicial building to mixed reviews.

http://www.dnj.com/story/news/local/2015/04/02/judicial-centers-design-questioned/70872010/

Wait...a wall of glass gives people a sense of confidence in government? Sounds like they just wanted to re-use a glass box hospital design they had sitting around somewhere, so the thought up some BS excuse to use it. Not a single prominent government building that is noted for its architecture and appreciate by the public (think the TN State Capitol, the US Capitol, or the Supreme Court buildings) I've ever seen looks as blah as that does.

I'm not saying the design is terrible, but don't try to dress it up with some stupid justification for how it's designed.

Edited by Nathan_in_DC
  • Like 1

Massive Ovation development lands first major lease

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/04/massive-ovation-development-lands-first-major.html

The Tennessean reports that Pinstripes will open in fall 2017. The company combines Italian dining with bowling and bocce. The chain currently has seven locations nationwide, a number it hopes to double over the next two years.

Has anyone driven by Tapestry lately? They started working on the road, Centerview Drive, over the past few weeks. That road is awful with traffic in the afternoons, so their solution is adding parallel parking on that street. WHY? At first I thought they destroyed all of the trees to widen the road. Nope, just for street parking. Who would of made that decision? Would it of been the developer or the city? 

Also Harpeth Square seems to be facing some trouble.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/franklin/2015/04/14/harpeth-square-stumbling-block/25748147/

Edited by bigeasy

Sounds like the developer is threatening to pick up his shovel and pail and leave the sandbox if he doesn't get his permit.  Not familiar with such local development approval processes, but seems to me the city council should be sure this guy has all his financing in place.  

The Post has a piece on a rehab/reuse proposal for downtown Franklin... https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2015/4/16/owner_looks_to_revamp_downtown_franklin_landmark

Knew a lot of good dudes who volunteered at that fire station.  Sad to see it's becoming a .......... jamba juice....

$250mil investment and 100 jobs by General Mills at their current plant in south Murfreesboro.

• Like 2