Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Bothers me to no end that with as lovely as One Franklin Park is that at the corner of McEwan and Carothers will be another standard prototype hotel with a parking lot facing the intersection.

Crazy.  Just ~50 years ago all the Cool Springs land was owned by a few families as farmland.

Depressing, isn't it?

Now I almost no longer even can tell where to find the nearby thriving metropolis of Arrington, along SR-96 (not that I ever really could when I first drove through there in 1975.  I don't miss Arno Rd. though.

-==-

The entrance to this hotel is ridiculous.  You can only pull in or leave by heading west on McEwen.  I think the only way to do this is by using Cool Springs Blvd and driving down Carothers since U-Turns are not allowed on McEwen and and Carothers.  

They also have a sign out there for retail "available".  Either that's for in the hotel or part of that parking lot will be a store?  (God I hope not)

I was at work when u posted that earlier. So I didn't have time to describe. 

More than one Franklin resident said that density needs to increase and one even said light rail is the future! 

While I'm glad that many (yes, I mean many) Franklin residents are changing their views, ultimately, when the dollars are asked for, the Glen Casadas and Jeremy Durhams will be there to slam the door.

Engineers are making modifications to SR 96 by lengthening turn lanes into mall area shopping centers. This project is in conjunction with the new interchange under construction at Broad Street and Memorial Blvd. In the long-range plan for 2025, Old Fort Parkway will be increased from four to six lanes from Broad Street to Interstate 24. However, no timetable has been set for this future project. Several improvement projects are also listed on the Nashville Area Metropolitan Planning Organization website.

http://www.dnj.com/story/opinion/2015/01/24/stump-scott-bridge-broad-project-adds-old-fort-parkway-lanes/22280303/

http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/sr1/

http://www.nashvillempo.org/docs/TIP/2014_2017/RutherfordCountyProjects.pdf

• Like 1

Of course!  It's right next to the strip mall called The Olde English Village Shoppes at Quaint Heritage Country Acres Small Town Main Street Commons Park Plaza!

...say what!

I see one of those in there somewhere as being a "confirmation name", maybe.

-==-