Rural King

MSA South - Williamson & Rutherford Counties

9 hours ago, markhollin said:

Delek US Holdings, a publicly traded energy company, will expand its Brentwood headquarters and add 175 jobs, according to state officials. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/01/25/delek-us-holdings-add-175-local-jobs-brentwood-headquarters-expansion/1065343001/

This is really good news. I had heard speculation and rumors that Delek would move their HQ to Texas after they sold Mapco in 2016.

• Like 1

The Parkes Cos. Inc. plans to build an Element Hotel at the intersection of McEwen Drive and Mallory Lane. That crossroads, just west of Interstate 65, also features a Whole Foods Market (Nasdaq: AMZN) and Northside McEwen, a $270 million mixed-use development that is under construction.

Parkes and its partners have signed a franchise agreement for a 198-room Element hotel. It would be the featured piece of the "McEwen at Mallory" project that Parkes is pursuing on a 4-acre property it purchased for $7.3 million in March.

No renderings yet.  Full story behind the paywall at NBJ:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/01/25/marriott-brand-hotel-planned-near-franklins-whole.html

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 6.05.26 AM.png

• Like 1

MTSU is hoping to start a $38 million academic classroom building for its College of Behavioral and Health Sciences. The building will bring together the college’s departments of criminal justice, psychology and social work. It will also provide classrooms, offices and lab space for the university, according to a release from MTSU. Completion is planned for 2020.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20990772/notes-mtsu-eyes-38m-academic-building

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 10.19.37 AM.png

• Like 3

A 20-acre property that was home to A-Game Sportsplex in Franklin's Cool Springs commercial hub is scheduled to be sold at auction this month, after at least two previous deals fell through.

The starting bid is $4.25 million.  Ten-X is pitching the property as "well-positioned as [a] future corporate campus," potentially as an office building of 110,000 square feet to 175,000 square feet. "Conversion to office use would provide a unique, affordable leasing alternative — currently a scarce resource in Cool Springs," the company says in its listing.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/02/01/auction-set-for-franklins-a-game-sportsplex.html

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 8.35.34 AM.png

3 minutes ago, markhollin said:

A 20-acre property that was home to A-Game Sportsplex in Franklin's Cool Springs commercial hub is scheduled to be sold at auction this month, after at least two previous deals fell through.

The starting bid is $4.25 million.  Ten-X is pitching the property as "well-positioned as [a] future corporate campus," potentially as an office building of 110,000 square feet to 175,000 square feet. "Conversion to office use would provide a unique, affordable leasing alternative — currently a scarce resource in Cool Springs," the company says in its listing.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/02/01/auction-set-for-franklins-a-game-sportsplex.html

It was a fantastic venue in a HORRIBLE spot in Cool Springs.  Anytime there were hockey or volleyball tournaments, traffic would be insane.  I hope WillCo can find another location for a venue.  

• Like 1

On 2/1/2018 at 6:42 AM, TheRaglander said:

It was a fantastic venue in a HORRIBLE spot in Cool Springs.  Anytime there were hockey or volleyball tournaments, traffic would be insane.  I hope WillCo can find another location for a venue.  

Agreed.

I worked there in high school and it was so poorly run it was stunning. That much should be obvious just based on the fact that it was the only rink in Willco and it went out of business despite a huge demand. I'd love to see the Preds do another Ford Ice Center type project at a better location, because the area sorely misses it. 

• Like 1

After months of uncertainty, a controversial proposed development in Thompson's Station is back on the table — and Tiger Woods has rejoined the project. 

The Thompson's Station Planning Commission recommended rezoning nearly 687 acres to transect community (TC) to allow for the development of a mixed-use community and golf course, known to many residents as the Two Farms development, between Coleman Road and West Harpeth Road, east of Carter's Creek Pike. 

The rezoning is just the first step in the revived proposal, headed by Houston-based Beacon Land Development. 

Phase one of the project, which includes more than 1,200 acres, would include about 1,180 housing units, Beacon Land Development President Mike Abbott told the town's planning commission last month. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2018/02/02/tiger-woods-thompsons-station-two-farms-development/300614002/

Fresh Hospitality, restaurant company with over a dozen brands, including Vui's Kitchen, Biscuit Love and Tazikis, plans Liberty Station, a 57,000 commercial project with 18,000 retail/restaurant, 25,000 office and a branch for Liberty Financial at the SE corner of Carothers and Liberty in Franklin. Plans before city review board. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/02/13/first-looknashville-restaurant-giant-reveals-plans.html

5027.png?1518545178

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

Another rendering of the Bigby development (NE corner of McEwen Drive and Carothers Parkway) in Cool Springs area that will feature 11 story/280,000 sq. ft. office building, 6 story/200 room boutique hotel, 6 story/330 unit apartment building, and two stand alone restaurants.

Bigby render, Cool Springs, Feb, 2018.png

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Another rendering of the Bigby development (NE corner of McEwen Drive and Carothers Parkway) in Cool Springs area that will feature 11 story/280,000 sq. ft. office building, 6 story/200 room boutique hotel, 6 story/330 unit apartment building, and two stand alone restaurants.

Bigby render, Cool Springs, Feb, 2018.png

When is this supposed to break ground? I completely forgot about this project, if I knew about it at all. That intersection is going to be insane if all these projects actually take off. 

1 hour ago, Pdt2f said:

When is this supposed to break ground? I completely forgot about this project, if I knew about it at all. That intersection is going to be insane if all these projects actually take off. 

Insane is an understatement.  4-5 Franklin Park buildings, the above mentioned project, Ovation, and whatever is across the street from Ovation.  Not to mention McEwen is turning into a massive artery between Brentwood (Wilson Pike) and Cool Springs.  And Liberty/Carothers is getting busier and busier.  There are additional phases to the Columbia State campus and apartments being built next to it.  McEwen and Cool Springs Blvd (around the round-a-bout) has a bunch of land waiting to be built on.  I used to live in McKays Mill on Liberty.  Glad I got out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

I don't recall seeing anything happening onsite. I had heard dirt would move this year, if all goes well

• Like 2

Veteran developer Pat Emery is aiming to open his latest building in the region's longtime corporate office hub in late 2019 or early 2020 — which means a key decision point looms within the next few months.

Emery's newly formed company, Hall Emery, is now making public these renderings of the proposed Three Franklin Park building, the third and largest of the buildings at the Cool Springs office campus Emery is developing at the northwest corner of Carothers Parkway and McEwen Drive. The 11-story building would contain 312,000 square feet of leasable office space, which would rank as the fifth-biggest office building in Williamson County.

The building plans are under review with the city of Franklin as Hall Emery works to drum up leasing activity that would spur construction. The firm may also decide to start building without tenants in hand, a generally riskier development move that would reflect even more confidence in the market.

"We've not changed our strategy. We're taking the steps we can take that don't box us in and give us flexibility," said David Wells, president of Hall Emery. "We are approaching a date by which we will have to make a decision whether to move forward or pause and take another assessment."

A construction budget has not been finalized, Wells said. The most recent Franklin Park building cost about $70 million to create, and construction costs have grown since then. 

Three Franklin Park would be roughly 15 percent larger than its siblings, One Franklin Park and Two Franklin Park. The latter of those two buildings opened almost one year ago and today is 89 percent leased — mostly to the headquarters of CKE Restaurants Holdings Inc., which owns Hardee's and Carl's Jr., as well as an 850-person regional hub for Schneider Electric, which will formally debut its space at a Feb. 20 event.

In addition to being one story taller than its siblings, a rooftop terrace would distinguish the building along with top-floor conference space for any tenant to book and a cafe where the company Fooda could arrange pop-up restaurants, as the company does at the two other Franklin Park buildings. A fitness center with locker rooms would be in the basement, which because of the site's topography would have direct access to parks outside the building.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/02/15/first-look-emerys-newest-office-building-aims-to.html

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 1.51.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 1.51.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 1.52.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 1.52.18 PM.png

• Like 2

New Interchange in Spring Hill

FHA approved an interchange at Buckner Rd. and Interstate 65 in Spring Hill. This is desperately needed in that area and should significantly reduce traffic on US 31 and Lewisburg Pike south of Franklin.  Work will commence within 8 years.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

The story Mark posted mentioned that the second of the two existing Franklin Park buildings has the Schneider Electric offices and the CKE offices. Does anyone know who occupies the first building?

Construction to begin next month for Brentwood Self Storage facility, a 120,000-square-foot structure on 2.8 acres at the intersection of Old Hickory Boulevard and Cloverland Drive.

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 6.58.56 AM.png

• Like 1

New 2-story building to be built just off the square as a restaurant expands and with a new concept. This is currently a vacant lot used as storage that was home to a previous building that was vacant and collapsed a few years back. 

http://www.dnj.com/story/news/2018/02/19/alley-main-rooftop-bar-downtown-murfreesboro-restaurants/350870002/

636546362415512748-alley1.jpg

• Like 2

Chartwell Hospitality works through details of multi-level development that would extend Main Street’s draw. At a Franklin historic design review meeting on Feb. 19, committee members discussed the architectural features and materials for a proposed multi-level, mixed-use project at 99 Main Street across from from Puckett’s Boat House. The development would house a combination of office space, retail shops, and a restaurant with a 100-seat rooftop patio.

https://brentwoodhomepage.com/chartwell-works-through-details-of-multi-level-development-that-would-extend-main-streets-draw/

99 East Main, Franklin, render, Feb, 2018, 1.jpg

99 East Main, Franklin, render, Feb, 2018, 2.jpg

99 East Main, Franklin, render, Feb, 2018, 3.jpg

• Like 3

Downtown Franklin has really been impressing me with the quality of the projects going up lately.  I hope the trend continues, because that neighborhood really is a treasure!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

Downtown Franklin has really been impressing me with the quality of the projects going up lately.  I hope the trend continues, because that neighborhood really is a treasure!

I also like the fact that they’re not destroying noteworthy historical structures to do it. All the projects I’ve heard of in downtown franklin are happening on eyesore properties from like the ‘70s and ‘80s. I do miss Dotson’s (or whatever it was called), the meat and three that used to be on this property. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

I also like the fact that they’re not destroying noteworthy historical structures to do it. All the projects I’ve heard of in downtown franklin are happening on eyesore properties from like the ‘70s and ‘80s. I do miss Dotson’s (or whatever it was called), the meat and three that used to be on this property. 

That place was awesome, I remember going there as a kid!!

A new proposal consisting of a hotel, condos, retail, & office space for the former FUMC building and land in downtown Murfreesboro. Several years back, a bank was planning on building a mid-rise office tower on the parking lot behind the church but that was scraped due to the recession. 

http://www.dnj.com/story/news/2018/02/22/murfreesboro-city-council-picks-developer-historic-church-project/362594002/

• Like 1