Rural King

MSA South - Williamson & Rutherford Counties

I want to see more detailed renderings but this project looks massed very well, especially with the office & hotel portions hiding the residential garage pretty well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Isn't there a plan for a mixed-use block on the site of the former medical center, near the MTSU campus?

I believe MTSU has some long-term plans for that site, potentially a medical school or something like that. 

• Like 2

Schnieder Electric has opened it's office that will eventually house 850 employees at the Two Franklin Park 10 story building in Cool Springs at exit 67 of I-65.

Full story and slideshow behind paywall at NBJ:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/02/28/this-company-just-went-from-0-to-850-people-in.html

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 4.22.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 4.22.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 4.23.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 4.23.30 PM.png

• Like 4

I was told the other day that Schnieder would move the headquarters  from Boston to Nashville if we had a direct flight to Paris.  They love it here!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FrankNash said:

I was told the other day that Schnieder would move the headquarters  from Boston to Nashville if we had a direct flight to Paris.  They love it here!

Well maybe we’d get a direct flight to Paris is they moved here! ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LA_TN said:

McEwen Town Center

This project completely slipped my notice. Is this what they’re building across from the Walmart?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

This project completely slipped my notice. Is this what they’re building across from the Walmart?

Yes.  I think it is the unused land from the Southern Land McEwan project that currently has the Whole Foods strip mall, an office building and some condos. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

I think the project directly across Mallory from Walmart is Mallory Green, which is the office building that already topped out plus the Hyatt House and Staybridge Suites.  I think they said they have space to build another future office building as well.  Northside McEwen is an adjacent, but separate and much larger development that the same folks developing Capitol View in the city are doing.  I hadn't heard that Southern Land Company was involved, though.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bmkTN said:

I think the project directly across Mallory from Walmart is Mallory Green, which is the office building that already topped out plus the Hyatt House and Staybridge Suites.  I think they said they have space to build another future office building as well.  Northside McEwen is an adjacent, but separate and much larger development that the same folks developing Capitol View in the city are doing.  I hadn't heard that Southern Land Company was involved, though.

Ah, thanks. Yeah I knew where Northside McEwen was, I’ve seen that they’re doing a lot of earth-moving at the site recently. That Mallory Green one was news to me though. So many projects in the area, it’s kind of mind boggling when you combine these with the ones at Carothers-McEwen. Plus I think they’re going to be building something on the northeast side of the Carothers-Cool Springs Blvd intersection, near BWW. 

Another large mixed-use development in Cool Springs area announced.

A developer is pursuing an immense mixed-use project in Franklin's Cool Springs commercial hub, a project so large it would ring the entire roundabout at the crossroads it would call home.

Franklin-based The Parkes Cos. Inc. plans a development named Avalon that would contain 510 residential units and nearly 500,000 square feet of commercial space. Proposed features include almost 300,000 square feet of retail space, smaller amounts of restaurant and office space, a 530-seat movie theater, a potential grocery store and a day care, according to documents filed with the city of Franklin.

Avalon's plans include 122 town homes and 388 multifamily units, which could be apartments, condos or a blend of both. Plans also call for 73,000 square feet of restaurant space and 63,000 square feet of office space.

Officials with the city of Franklin are set to review the Avalon plans at an informal workshop scheduled for March 22.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/03/16/developer-reveals-massive-mixed-use-project-in.html

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.39.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.39.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.39.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.39.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.41.25 AM.png

• Like 4

If all these huge cool springs mixed use projects come to fruition it’ll be a pretty impressive region. I just hope the Ovation developers can pull it off, with all the financial issues they’ve had recently. 

• Like 1

5 story, 150 room SpringHill Suites announced for the Northside McEwen mixed-use development near Cool Springs.  Construction to begin this summer. As laid-out previously, the big $270 million project will also include 750,000 sq. ft. of office space, 100,000 sq. ft. of retail/restaurant, and 580 residential units.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/03/21/hotel-emerges-at-270m-mixed-use-development-in.html?ana=twt

Renderings of the hotel:

SpringHill Suites, Northside McEwen, Cool Springs, Mar 21, 2108, render 1.png

SpringHill Suites, Northside McEwen, Cool Springs, Mar 21, 2108, render 2.png

SpringHill Suites, Northside McEwen, Cool Springs, Mar 21, 2108, render 3.png

SpringHill Suites, Northside McEwen, Cool Springs, Mar 21, 2108, render 4.png

The site as it looks now:

Northside McEwen lot, Cool Springs, Mar 21, 2108, map.png

Renderings of the office/retail/residential portions:

Northside McEwen, Cool Springs, Mar 21, 2108, render 1.png

Northside McEwen, Cool Springs, Mar 21, 2108, render 2.png

• Like 3

A-Game Sportsplex, a Williamson County youth sports facility subject to months of uncertainty related to ownership changes, is to be sold to Franklin Fieldhouse owner Trigg Wilkes under the terms of a deal reached late last week.  

Wilkes, said he intends to keep A-Game as a sports facility, though it was not immediately clear whether the clubs that currently use it would remain after their leases lapse. 

Wilkes declined to share the agreed selling price. He said the building still needs an appraisal and an inspection. The purchasing deal could close within the next 30 days, he said.

It would be very prudent for him to bring at least one of the ice rinks back.  Perhaps he can expand the facility to include a couple. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2018/04/09/game-sportsplex-has-new-buyer-likely-remain-sports-facility/498599002/

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 8.18.15 AM.png

• Like 1

A new 40 acre mixed-use site to be called Spring Hill South is to be developed by PGM Properties and will feature 25,000 sq. ft. retail (including a grocery store anchor), residential and medical/office space.

It will be located on Kedron Road south of the Saturn Parkway exit ramp, is tentatively planned to open in 2019.

More info behind Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21001356/new-images-released-for-rmh-project

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 1.13.04 PM.png

• Like 1