Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Consultants call on city to pursue neighborhood parks

http://www.dnj.com/story/news/2015/06/17/murfreesboro-parks/28904723/

We need more parks. I want something like Centennial Park or Coolidge Park in Chattanooga.

Police headquarters plans move forward

http://www.dnj.com/story/news/2015/06/17/police-headquarters-plans-move-forward/28888141/

Great re-use of a property!

Hibbett leases space in mall

http://www.dnj.com/story/money/business/2015/06/17/buzz-hibbett-leases-space-mall/28884565/

I had a random conversation with someone in the beer line at the Rolling stones concert about this, he seemed to think that we need light rail to rutherford and williamson counties but no rapid transit on west end.  I tried to explain that just dumping people downtown without a radid and efficient way to get them to their final destination was counter productive and incomplete but he would budge on the west end part. 

I had a random conversation with someone in the beer line at the Rolling stones concert about this, he seemed to think that we need light rail to rutherford and williamson counties but no rapid transit on west end.  I tried to explain that just dumping people downtown without a radid and efficient way to get them to their final destination was counter productive and incomplete but he would budge on the west end part. 

Did he mean no rapid transit at all on West End, or just write off everything past 440? (maybe your discussion didn't get that far) Because I'd be fine with leaving St. Thomas hanging, and stopping at 440 would probably shut up a lot of the opposition.  If it doesn't even go to Vanderbilt that's crazy.

I don't like trains (or at least stations) in highway medians (when you get off the train you're already 1/2 mile from any possible destination) but I could see someday a train in the 440 canyon, if there was a short line on West End going from DT to 440 with good connections at both ends it could be great.  

Hope you enjoyed the concert as much as I did.

• Like 1

Did he mean no rapid transit at all on West End, or just write off everything past 440? (maybe your discussion didn't get that far) Because I'd be fine with leaving St. Thomas hanging, and stopping at 440 would probably shut up a lot of the opposition.  If it doesn't even go to Vanderbilt that's crazy.

I don't like trains (or at least stations) in highway medians (when you get off the train you're already 1/2 mile from any possible destination) but I could see someday a train in the 440 canyon, if there was a short line on West End going from DT to 440 with good connections at both ends it could be great.  

Hope you enjoyed the concert as much as I did.

yes, it was awesome, ;;;i got the feeling he didnt want anything on west end at all, I agree, if it must be that way to get it done, leave st thomas hanging.

...Well then, I reckon you don't have to have been born during my decade, to have enjoyed the concert, even though I didn't go.

Anyways, as I have observed to date, no publicly proposed transit concept seems to exist, for the urban sector roughly between US-31 (Franklin Rd), and US-70S (West End - Harding Rd), including in the dead middle, US-431 (Hillsboro Rd).  I've noticed this in both the MPO 2035 plan and even most recently in "sketches" of the 2040 vision.  I haven't examined statistics on any of the included arterials, but I believe that most would concur that indeed they long have become problematic.

I'm really taken aback that such a huge angular distance radiating from the core would not have some kind of at least ambitious proposal for advanced-capacity transit, in this day and age, and it also comes as a disappointment of grave concern.  You look at any other map graphics of future transit corridors, and they all propose some mode of coverage.  The fact is, such a plan does not have to include plowing down the middle of these restrictive traffic corridors.  West End, Vandy, Belmont, and Green Hills always are going to be the most challenging ones to address, mainly because of the nimbys, structures of the past and of ongoing construction, and the land costs.  Therefore, they always will pose as the most opposition to any real measure of progress.

This being said, we seem to be in accord with the general handling of this.  I'd say that it's most likely going to be a matter of TOUGH LOVE for West End Harding to St. Thomas, as well as to the southwest in Green Hills, which really has to be included mutually, since much of the traffic along both these corridors add collateral congestion, with tons of cut-throughs in between.  Just look at Blakemore-31st, Blair, Woodlawn, Woodmont, and Harding Pl - Battery Ln.  It's going to have to end up having to be deferred for a good while, it seems, before those of these areas likely will mobilize to take action, at which point in time, it might appear to be too late.

As far as 440 is concerned, you really do have something there, Neigeville2, so maybe we can sway Sen. Bill Ketron to go with the flow, since he seems to like these medians.  Besides, as many might recall, I-440 was built along the old Tennessee Central Railroad's Belt Line RoW, (between Charlotte and just east of Gale and Vaulx Lanes, behind S & M Communion Bread "factory"), which had been built early last century to go around Nashville, rather than through.  Had it remained, it would be a viable alternative to connect those hell-holes to the center core somehow.

-==-

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 1

Flyer for new strip center next to Wal-Mart and Sonic on Fortress Blvd. Plans call for restaurant and retail. Already in the area are the new Toyota Dealership, General Motors Dealership and Exxon Station. 

http://www.investmentpartnersllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Fortress-info-flyer.pdf

Hardees will open a new location on South Church Street at the site of the former Yum Yum Donuts. Liquor Planet will also open soon across the street from Wal-Mart Super Center. No word on the Baker Storey McDonald Marketplace at Savannah Ridge site on South Church Street.

• Like 1

Thanks Smeagolsfree but I need to know how to answer someone's comment or add to it.... I think I just reported someones quote when all I wanted to do was put the quote in my message..please disregard its    

Wanted to say I thought that the cinema's where going to be built near the college but would be a lot more elated if they are near the Avenue!!!!!!!

Edited by dmillsphoto