Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

This is on my main project list from a while back. I told WIlliam today when he past it that this is probably what it was. I thought they were a little farther along with it than this though.

They had a lot of prep work on the site. It was essentially a brushy plain with a creek/stream running through the middle of it. I noticed that they seemed to be very careful about the work around the creek (which is "wet" but not really "flowing"). I'm not sure what the final plan is...whether they will be putting in a culvert, or if the stream will be running through the middle of the development (I haven't seen any site plans, just the rendering).

It took them a couple of months to grade the land. The Life Point building at Seven Springs seems to be moving at a bit more quickly...but that site was already nice and flat, no trees, and easily accessible for large construction equipment.

• 4 weeks later...

First transit oriented development? Hamilton Springs broke ground at the end of May. Too bad it's in Wilson County. Not bad, just would like to see more closer to town, but I guess we won't until we get an actual line within town such as BRT and/or LRT. Good for the commuter options I guess.

http://www.nashvillempo.org/docs/News/Lose-Wilson-Post-on-Hamilton-Springs.pdf?utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pat Emery broke ground today on Franklin Park/office complex. You can bet that the complex height will not reach above Nissan's. However, this idea is great as it includes 11 acres of park space and an amphitheater. The project is located at the northeast corner of McEwen Drive and I-65, just south of Nissan.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2012/08/16/pat-emery-breaks-ground-on-71-acre.html

FranklinPark1.jpg?v=1

FranklinPark3*900.jpg?v=1

FranklinPark2*900.jpg?v=1

• 4 weeks later...

Was coming to Nashville from Knoxville on Tuesday and noticed it looks like they are widening 40 from Mt. Juliet to Hwy 109. I thought I noticed it looked like they were preparing for widening about a month ago when I last traveled that area.

That should've been done years ago to anticipate the growth, but we know how TDOT operates. I've heard 8 lanes but seems only big enough for 6 lanes.

That should've been done years ago to anticipate the growth, but we know how TDOT operates. I've heard 8 lanes but seems only big enough for 6 lanes.

Yeah, it should be 3 lanes probably all the way to the Watertown exit IMO. I dunno how big, but I imagine 3-4 with the 4th to accommodate exits.

Yeah, it should be 3 lanes probably all the way to the Watertown exit IMO. I dunno how big, but I imagine 3-4 with the 4th to accommodate exits.

I know being a proponent of highway expansion can get you run out on a rail here, but, frankly, I-40 needs to be a minimum of 6 lanes (three each way) from Memphis to the I-81 split. 4 lanes simply cannot move traffic at a reasonable manner safely on days when there is even moderately high traffic. Supposedly TDOT is installing three lane sections on uphill grades in the hillier sections of Middle and East Tennessee, however, that will only help if there is a mandatory trucks-keep-right law that is actually enforced.

But, at least it's not as bad as I-76 (the Schuylkill Expressway) here in Philadelphia. Total of four lanes (two each way). It has been obsolete and overcrowded since the 1950s, but the topography and other infrastructure prevents any expansion or even major improvements to existing interchanges.

Edited by Nathan_in_PHL

Well I'm thinking 6 lanes because TDOT can't fit 4 each way under the Mt. Juliet Road overpass without cutting it incredibly close to either cement barrier wall.

Oh, don't even get me started on interstates across the board. Many, many need to be 6 lanes across the state for their entire length. I-24 between Nashville and Chattanooga is a biggie needing it, but that damn mountain says otherwise.

Well I'm thinking 6 lanes because TDOT can't fit 4 each way under the Mt. Juliet Road overpass without cutting it incredibly close to either cement barrier wall.

Oh, don't even get me started on interstates across the board. Many, many need to be 6 lanes across the state for their entire length. I-24 between Nashville and Chattanooga is a biggie needing it, but that damn mountain says otherwise.

Except for the fact that the mountain is where I-24 actually HAS 3 lanes in each direction, except of course for the old crook at the bottom of the west side of the mountain, which is the section of old US41 dating back to the 1930s. I'd say it's due for an upgrade.

I do NOT understand TDOT's "thinking" at all. There is a stretch of I-75 here in Hamilton County. It was widened between the new exit 9 and just north of exit 11 in Ooltewah. Then the road goes back to 2 lanes (each way) and runs for less than a mile before it goes to 3 lanes to go up White Oak Mountain on the way to Cleveland. A little better planning would have made it so that the 3-lane segments are seamless until north of White Oak Mountain. Instead, motorists are forced to go from 3 lanes (actually 4 prior to the Ooltewah exit #9) and the merge onto I-75 down to 2 lanes... before going back to 3 lanes for about 1.5 miles, then back to two miles and a straightaway up to exit 20. And folks, I-75 between Knoxville and Chattanooga has been screaming for widening for more than 20 years. Chattanooga to/from Cleveland is even worse! It is the main highway between two counties with a combined population of 450K, and all the North/South traffic from the midwest to boot.

Edited by MLBrumby

A new Residence Inn is coming to the Medical Center Parkway and will be built by Franklin-based Vision Hospitality. In another 12-18 months, they'll start a Courtyard by Marriott and will be adjacent to this site. Both are to be located near the Embassy Suites already there.

http://www.dnj.com/article/20120920/BUSINESS/309200027/Residence-Inn-garners-site-approval?odyssey=tab{sodEmoji.|}topnews{sodEmoji.|}text{sodEmoji.|}FRONTPAGE

• Like 1