Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

TIF would probably be downtown's best bet right now since so much energy has been focused on the Medical Center Pkwy area while pretty much neglecting a downtown and core that has an incredible housing stock, think East Nashville/Lockeland Springs on a larger scale north and northeast of downtown, and an immediate downtown riddled with surface lots and underutilized properties. 

Honestly approving a 5-7 story apartment building would be a boon for downtown somewhere, like the vacant lot at Main & Walnut that was supposed to be exactly that before the crash.

• Like 1

Bell Farm is a new 60 acre mixed use development in the southwestern quadrant of Murfreesboro. 

http://www.theparksgroupcommercial.com/UserFiles/File/propertyfiles/BellFarm-Brochure-1409777785.pdf

Browning Development has also released the site plan for a few retail/restaurant strip centers across from the new Kroger Marketplace on highway 96 in west Murfreesboro.

http://www.browningcompanies.com/images/properties/1432829441.pdf

Smyrna is conducting a special census based on continued growth. The town stands at 45,000 as of 2014, however, they feel that there are more residents not counted.

http://www.townofsmyrna.org/Home/Components/Form/Form/6fc0fd90bf034955b75578b9399de717/395

• Like 2

West Murfreesboro/Blackman will continue to grow fairly quickly because of the multiple large tracts of land and general flatness on that side of town, granted much of Murfreesboro is about as flat as Plano, TX. 

I do wonder if anyone will ever take over the abandoned Westlawn development on Veteran's Pkwy at S.R. 840 because there is already some infrastructure in place. 

Today I attended the inaugural Pilgrimage Music and Cultural Festival. Through the rain and some long beer lines I experienced what will be a  must see top ten festival in the country. With so many music festivals these days the Pilgrimage stands out as an authentic downhome happening situated on a beautiful century- old 230-acre horse farm within easy walking distance to the village of Franklin. The selection of music and the stages are amazing. Check it out!

Edited by FrankNash
  • Like 2

New commercial structure north of the new Wal-Mart on Memorial Blvd...

IMG_2353_zpsuebmoptn.jpg

New town homes on Old Lascassas Rd north of the campus...

IMG_2369_zpsjtoczmlb.jpg

New apartments also on Old Lascassas Rd north of the campus..

IMG_2365_zpstp76eesd.jpg

Below are new apartments on E Main St east of Middle Tn Blvd. A while back I posted asking if anyone knew what was coming to this site. These have sprang up quick! 

IMG_2363_zpslvtowgna.jpgIMG_2362_zps8pamhwof.jpgIMG_2361_zpsasikc2zt.jpg

Edited by MetroTN
  • Like 4

Bell Farm is a new 60 acre mixed use development in the southwestern quadrant of Murfreesboro. 

http://www.theparksgroupcommercial.com/UserFiles/File/propertyfiles/BellFarm-Brochure-1409777785.pdf

Browning Development has also released the site plan for a few retail/restaurant strip centers across from the new Kroger Marketplace on highway 96 in west Murfreesboro.

http://www.browningcompanies.com/images/properties/1432829441.pdf

Smyrna is conducting a special census based on continued growth. The town stands at 45,000 as of 2014, however, they feel that there are more residents not counted.

http://www.townofsmyrna.org/Home/Components/Form/Form/6fc0fd90bf034955b75578b9399de717/395

Oh great, more traffic. Of course I'm a hypocrite since I moved out in this area a year ago in a brand new neighborhood built in what's likely an old farm, but hey "NIMBY!!!!" right? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So, whoever a while back said a Rooms to Go is coming to the Gateway was right. Its going in next to the new McDonalds. 

In addition, a new apartment complex has been proposed on Warrior Dr at New Salem Hwy. Another apartment complex is proposed on Cason Ln and New Salem Hwy as well. A third complex has been proposed at Joe B Jackson Pkwy next to the new Wal-Mart on S Church. 

City Funding for Tech Center Approved

"City officials lauded the project that library officials have been promoting for the past two years. The 5,200-square-foot technology center would be billed as a "bookless library" that would provide computer access to those without Internet access along with e-book readers, computer services and meeting space for businesses and residents to reserve."

Two new hotels at the Sam Ridley exit.  One is a Candlewood Suites. I don't know what the other one is.  Both in the area of O'Charley's side of Sam Ridley. The one I don't know the name of and is close to the apartment complex and may be part of that.  It looks like a typical highway hotel.  5 or 6 floors. It is strange to me that there are 8 or 9 hotels on that side of I-24 and none where all the retail and restaurants are on the other side. Is that side not in Smyrna?  Maybe avoiding higher taxes or something.  Also, the A&W closed.  It is becoming a "Cook Out".  I've never heard of them.  I just assume it is a chain.  The large parcel by Lowe's has removed an astounding amount of rock and dirt.  Still no sign of anything will be built there. That amount of site excavating must have cost a small fortune.  There is also a small strip center in front of Lowe's.  Something is going in there.  I don't know what it is.  That's all the Smyrna news I can think of.

Thank God. Please take that Billy Graham Statue as well.

Actually, the Tennessee Baptist Convention is a different organization than the Southern Baptists/LifeWay Publishing Group.  But it will be interesting to see if the Billy Graham statue gets relocated once they vacate that complex for their new digs over at 1st and KVB. 

• Like 1