Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Collin Czarnacki at the Tennessean has an update on the big commercial projects in Williamson.

- 41 active developments in progress

- More than 2 million s.f. in office space underway

- An average 151 new business licenses filed per month in 2015

- County population has cruised past 210,000 in 2015; Approaching 250,000 by 2020.

- 3% office vacancy countywide

635826625865348810-ovation12

A rendering of Hill Center Brentwood shows the First

• Like 4

17 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Collin Czarnacki at the Tennessean has an update on the big commercial projects in Williamson.

- 41 active developments in progress

- More than 2 million s.f. in office space underway

- An average 151 new business licenses filed per month in 2015

- County population has cruised past 210,000 in 2015; Approaching 250,000 by 2020.

- 3% office vacancy countywide

And they were all at Cool Springs last night...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

For $27 million cash, an affiliate of Northwood Investors LLC purchased a 45-acre property named Northside at McEwen on Jan. 6. The land is located across from the Whole Foods on West McEwen Drive. Large mixed-use development in the works:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/01/charlotte-developer-pays-27m-for-rare-cool-springs.html

The A&W and whatever else was sharing that space is now "Cook Out".  Never heard of them.  And another restaurant, whose name eludes me right now (First Watch?) is open in front of Lowes.  I have been to the restaurant near Lowes.  It is only open breakfast and lunch.  No dinner hours.  The food is very good.  It is kind of odd being here in Smyrna.  But I may be underestimating Smyrna's palette. I think it would fit in easily in West End, East End, the "boro".  I'm not complaining.  Hope it makes it.  The land next to Lowes has been pretty much flattened.  A remarkable change that has no tenant lined up to build something.  Every time I drive by and think they are finished, they keep going.  I live in Cane Ridge, so I really never see the side of Smryna where Nissan is.  My knowledge of Smryna is pretty much Sam Ridley.

3 hours ago, nashbill said:

The A&W and whatever else was sharing that space is now "Cook Out".  Never heard of them.  And another restaurant, whose name eludes me right now (First Watch?) is open in front of Lowes.  I have been to the restaurant near Lowes.  It is only open breakfast and lunch.  No dinner hours.  The food is very good.  It is kind of odd being here in Smyrna.  But I may be underestimating Smyrna's palette. I think it would fit in easily in West End, East End, the "boro".  I'm not complaining.  Hope it makes it.  The land next to Lowes has been pretty much flattened.  A remarkable change that has no tenant lined up to build something.  Every time I drive by and think they are finished, they keep going.  I live in Cane Ridge, so I really never see the side of Smryna where Nissan is.  My knowledge of Smryna is pretty much Sam Ridley.

I know they're building the new training center (or whatever it's called) across from the Nissan plant...and that area along Nissan drive by Wal Mart is starting to finally hop a little.  That side of town has been slow to grow since Sam Ridley exploded 10+ years ago.

I noticed they never started that new shopping center behind Target in that "quarry" area that's actually considered Lavergne.  I did some investigating and it appears they found a huge sinkhole on the property while doing prep work...and as far as I can tell, it may have killed the project.

20 hours ago, nashbill said:

Cook Out is from North Carolina....they're making their way westward.  Few stores in East Tennessee, and the store in Cookeville opened in 2015.  The concept is similar to Backyard Burger....and the milkshakes are pretty good.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tragenvol said:

Cook Out is from North Carolina....they're making their way westward.  Few stores in East Tennessee, and the store in Cookeville opened in 2015.  The concept is similar to Backyard Burger....and the milkshakes are pretty good.

There are two Cook Out locations in Nashville as well.  The Arby's on West End was replaced with one about a year ago and another opened in East Nashville at the terminus of Trinity Lane.  Cheapest fast food you can find and damn good milkshakes.  The first time I ever saw one was in Anderson, South Carolina 7 or 8 years ago.

15 minutes ago, NashvilleTaylor said:

There are two Cook Out locations in Nashville as well.  The Arby's on West End was replaced with one about a year ago and another opened in East Nashville at the terminus of Trinity Lane.  Cheapest fast food you can find and damn good milkshakes.  The first time I ever saw one was in Anderson, South Carolina 7 or 8 years ago.

Reminds me of a cheaper and quicker 5 Guys...but not as good...but not bad.

48 minutes ago, Rockatansky said:

I disagree. I live not far from the East Nashville location and have been 2-3 times since they opened. The milkshakes may be good (never had one) but the burgers and fries are not.

That's why I said they're not as good as 5 Guys...but I can personally tell they are trying to be like 5 Guys with their "chargrilled" taste (yes...not as good as 5 Guys) and cajun fries (again...not as good as 5 Guys).

3 hours ago, UTgrad09 said:

Cook Out is good for a cheap fast food burger that isn't McWendy's King. It's not 5 Guys, but it's also about half the price. Don't know what you guys were expecting for a $5 lunch....

I was expecting a burger that tasted better than McD's/BK/Wendy's ... not something that made me want to RUN to Krystal's. Please replace with Whataburger!!

And they should be ashamed to call that hog wash they serve as sweet tea

• Like 2

The Fountains at Gateway in Murfreesboro has updated pictures on the first office building.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1511005775881695.1073741832.1430426597272947&type=3

http://www.fountainsatgateway.com/

In other news, K-Mart will close down in April, leaving another empty building for redevelopment. Rumor has it Sears will also close down some time this year at Stones River Mall.

http://www.dnj.com/story/money/business/2016/01/21/murfreesboro-kmart-close-april/79133956/

Goody's and Family Dollar have closed there doors on Mercury Blvd. to make way for a new Kroger Shopping Center. Plans call for a Drive through pharmacy, Kroger Little Clinic, Starbucks, and retail space for new tenants.

A new Kroger Marketplace will open on Veterans Parkway in West Murfreesboro this summer. They have finished building the frame an parking lot, now they are slowly constructing the interior finishes. Plans call for a Drive through pharmacy, Kroger Little Clinic, Starbucks, and several outparcels for additional restaurants.

Both new Wal-Mart grocery stores open next week.

Land clearing has begun for the Marketplace at Savannah Ridge on South Church, and the loopnet ad lists the site as under construction. The shopping center is directly across from the Wal-Mart on Joe B. Jackson Parkway.

Edited by Justiceham
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2016 at 11:39 AM, Justiceham said:

A new Kroger Marketplace will open on Veterans Parkway in West Murfreesboro this summer. They have finished building the frame an parking lot, now they are slowly constructing the interior finishes. Plans call for a Drive through pharmacy, Kroger Little Clinic, Starbucks, and several outparcels for additional restaurants.

Any idea of what the restaurants will be? And I'm wondering if they'll have a gas station. I know that the land of the house there on the corner is zoned commercial for sale, so I wouldn't be surprised to see one there. It would be nice to get a gas station on that section. There is not really a convenient place to fill up if I'm heading towards Franklin from where I'm at.