Jump to content

Rural King

MSA South - Williamson & Rutherford Counties

Recommended Posts

I guess Williamson will be cruising toward 300k by 2025 and Rutherford toward 400k. Reminds me of Cobb County when I was a kid. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


'Fairview 2040' plan officially OK'd by commissioners.  

After making the rounds in the community, in the media, and online with a dedicated website, officials with the city and Common Ground urban design firm finalized the plan for shaping Fairview over the next 20 years — Fairview Forward 2040.

The Fairview Board of Commissioners made the finalized plan an official guiding document on May 2 when it was approved at the board’s monthly regular meeting.

Keith Covington, with Common Ground that headed up the plan, emphasized that “2040” is not legally binding but rather a “living document.”

“It should be revisited every five years,” Covington said.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/fairview/2019/05/13/fairview-2040-plan-officially-okd-commissioners/1146034001/

 

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 6.45.34 AM.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 6:50 AM, markhollin said:

'Fairview 2040' plan officially OK'd by commissioners.  

After making the rounds in the community, in the media, and online with a dedicated website, officials with the city and Common Ground urban design firm finalized the plan for shaping Fairview over the next 20 years — Fairview Forward 2040.

The Fairview Board of Commissioners made the finalized plan an official guiding document on May 2 when it was approved at the board’s monthly regular meeting.

Keith Covington, with Common Ground that headed up the plan, emphasized that “2040” is not legally binding but rather a “living document.”

“It should be revisited every five years,” Covington said.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/fairview/2019/05/13/fairview-2040-plan-officially-okd-commissioners/1146034001/

 

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 6.45.34 AM.png

This plan could come together much faster if the access to Fairview was better. 40 drops to just 2 lanes in each direction at Bellevue. I don't understand why it hasn't been widened to at least Dickson. Similar sentiments for Highway 100, just two lanes most of the way. My sister lives out that way and its more of pain to get there than my similarly distanced in-laws in Lebanon. I know it's treated like the poor relations to the rest of Williamson County, but there is tons of potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nash_12South said:

This plan could come together much faster if the access to Fairview was better. 40 drops to just 2 lanes in each direction at Bellevue. I don't understand why it hasn't been widened to at least Dickson. Similar sentiments for Highway 100, just two lanes most of the way. My sister lives out that way and its more of pain to get there than my similarly distanced in-laws in Lebanon. I know it's treated like the poor relations to the rest of Williamson County, but there is tons of potential.

Widening of I-40 from US Route 70S to McCrory Lane is set for design in FY 2022. The entire corridor to I-840 will get ITS improvements this fiscal year.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PruneTracy said:

Widening of I-40 from US Route 70S to McCrory Lane is set for design in FY 2022. The entire corridor to I-840 will get ITS improvements this fiscal year.

That's good, but just widening to the next exit, and not for 3+ years.......

Edited by Nash_12South

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know people who live out in Fairview and Kingston Springs and they actually like that 40 is only 2 lanes because it seems to keep the area from exploding like all the rest of Nashville.  Can’t imagine it will always be that way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather we didn't widen the Interstates any further. It just encourages sprawl and consumes resources that could be used for a comprehensive transit system for Middle TN.

Edited by Rockatansky
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, titanhog said:

I know people who live out in Fairview and Kingston Springs and they actually like that 40 is only 2 lanes because it seems to keep the area from exploding like all the rest of Nashville.  Can’t imagine it will always be that way.

I-40 is probably at the max for moving the current traffic demand. If a lane is shut down for any reason, traffic will back up for 'MILES' almost instantly. However, I know of several different ways to avoid those traffic jams, so it doesn't bother me too much.

The problem is when traffic (tractor trailers) decide to leave I-40 and travel down narrow and curvy Kingston Springs Road. Not a good situation. And if, as once happened, Kinston Springs Road is closed also, my subdivision street becomes I-40!!!  Woke up to lines of tractor trailers backed up in front of my house once.

Yes. please build the three lane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A residential complex made up of 237 multifamily units in 8 structures reaching between 2 and 4 stories on 20.9 acres is being proposed for Franklin.  To be called Wood Duck Court, it would back up against the Cross Creek and Cannonwood subdivisions.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2019/05/23/housing-development-proposal-franklin-condos/3771116002/
 

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 8.40.24 AM.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Heritage Foundation of Williamson County is in the beginning stages of bringing a Rosenwald school to its new campus in downtown Franklin. 

A year ago, the foundation saved the Lee Buckner School, which hid behind 4-foot weeds on Duplex Road. In the 1940s and 1950s, the one-room schoolhouse gave dozens of African American students a place to learn before desegregation. 

This week, Franklin historic zoning commission members took a look at the plans for the school's move to Franklin Grove Estate and Gardens, formerly the campus of the O'More College of Design. 

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2019/05/22/heritage-foundation-rosenwald-school-downtown-franklin/3766675002/

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 1.48.57 PM.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cranes are now down at Harpeth Square (4 stories, apartments, retail, hotel, garage) in downtown Franklin, and the hotel and restaurants are scheduled to open in August.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2019/05/24/harpeth-square-downtown-franklin-tn-hotel-opening-date/1222670001/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hill Center Brentwood, Phase II (3 story office building) topped out.  Grading underway for hotel portion.

Looking south from intersection of Maryland Way and East Park Drive:

Hill Center Brentwood, Phase II, May 21, 2019.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.