Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

Update on construction of Emery's Two Franklin Place (includes a slideshow).  This is the building that will be home to Hardee's/Carl's Junior and the Schneider Electric Group (those two taking up about 75% of the 10 floors).

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2016/10/24/construction-cooking-on-emerys-two-franklin-park.html

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 4.49.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 4.49.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 4.49.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 4.50.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 4.50.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 4.51.00 PM.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Another large mixed-use development (18 acres) coming to Mallory Lane in Franklin.  Will include a 5-story, 175,000 sq. ft., $50 million office building, a 122-room Hyatt House Hotel, and a 119-room Staybridge Suites Hotel, among other things.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2016/11/15/hyatt-targets-hotel-in-budding-franklin.html

Screenshot 2016-11-15 10.29.47.png

Screenshot 2016-11-15 10.29.01.png

• Like 1

Oh just what we need, more cars on that NOT improved section of Columbia. Like traffic on that road isn't already a nightmare. :tw_angry:

Also, " list prices that start in the low $300,000 range, climbing as high as the mid-$400,000 range " Is not precisely AFFORDABLE.

Edited by kc8501
  • Like 2

Developer of Hamilton Springs (242 homes, 396 apartments, and 13,500 sq. ft. of commercial space) has purposely chosen to build along Music City Star line.  This is one of the first developments in mid-state to be specifically built near mass transit line:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/homes/2016/11/23/nas-re-transit-development-1127/94095276/

• Like 1

Some Mt. Juliet residents are a bit perturbed by two proposed multi-unit housing developments.

Northtown Village is a mixed-use proposal that would include 256 apartments, and the Villas of Tuscan Gardens may have as many as 313 townhomes on 50 acres. A group of residents, however, are voicing opposition, citing concerns about traffic.

It seems to me that this part of the city has been largely overlooked by developers, at least when you compare it to the city's core and the counties to the South (i.e., Williamson and Rutherford). I don't think if I were a resident of Mt. Juliet I'd be too eager to scare away people willing to pour money into the area. Granted, I'm not especially familiar with Mt. Juliet, so I have no idea how bad the traffic there is...

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/mt-juliet/2016/12/07/north-mt-juliet-concerned-townhome-apartment-plans/95034070/?hootPostID=84ac2ecbe29415f39cdc5ecdf2d53a4f

Edited by Canuck87
  • Like 2

I just think most "traffic" concerns, particularly ones in sparsely populated suburban areas, are so short-sighted.  I'm not saying traffic shouldn't be a concern of locals, but if there are actually traffic problems in places like Mt. Juliet, it DEFINITELY isn't because the area has reached a critical mass of people or anything.  These folks act as though there aren't countless places with a thousand times more people that are have been able to successfully leap the 'traffic' hurdle.  And what really is their ultimate goal here?  Freeze the town exactly as is for forever more just so they don't have to deal with one more car on the road?  I just don't get it.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 4