Rural King

MSA South - Williamson & Rutherford Counties

Southall Farms off of Carters Creek Pike in Williamson County will cover 325 acres and will feature an inn (62 rooms), spa, event venue, greenhouses, orchards, 7 treehouses, 16 cottages, hilltop gathering place, grazing areas, apiary, culinary garden, and vineyard. It will employ about 25 people.  95% of the land will remain agricultural or undeveloped. 

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2019/10/30/southall-farms-franklin-tn-open-date/4087435002/

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 6.37.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 6.37.19 AM.png

• Like 4

The restoration of the 80 year old John Carothers House that was built by hand by an African American family is now underway. It will become a museum when finished, as part of the 20 acre Huffines Ridge development that will include apts, offices, and a hotel.

Restoring the house and developing the land will be a two-year process.  Physically fixing the home will take about six months and will happen concurrently toward the end of the development of the apartments and hotel. Once it's finished, the City of Franklin will maintain the house and use it as a community center and gateway to mountain bike trails on the property.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2019/11/04/john-carothers-house-franklin-tn-gci-restoration/2497954001/

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 8.01.27 AM.png

• Thanks 1

Dave Ramsey, who just opened his new HQ in southern Williamson County, has now gotten permission to go ahead and build a 2nd 6-story, $34.5 million, 200,000 sq. ft. structure on the campus at 1011 Reams Fleming Blvd., which is part of the Berry Farms mixed-use development. No renderings yet, but it will probably look very similar to the first structure, which is pictured below.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/11/05/franklin-greenlights-dave-ramseys-hq-expansion.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 3.28.43 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cintas Corporation is building a $20 million facility in Murfreesboro, that will have 144 new jobs for specialized services to businesses including uniforms, supplies, and safety materials.  The new facility is primarily for management and production teams that oversee regional accounts. Average salary will be $65K, and it's expected to generate $1 million in sales tax revenue for the region within 5 years. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/11/08/cintas-plans-20m-regional-facility.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

And at TheNashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/economic-development/article/21096688/uniformssupplies-giant-to-hire-140-in-murfreesboro

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 3.40.11 PM.png

• Like 2

This is actually just south of Williamson County:  Mersen, a French manufacturing company, is making a $65 million investment in Maury County that will bring 100 new jobs to Columbia.  They plan to renovate and existing industrial building, and will make graphite products starting in late 2020.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/11/12/french-conglomerate-jolts-columbia-with-100-jobs.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Thanks 1

Topre America, a Japanese  automotive stamping company, is expanding its Smyrna facility with a $63 million investment that will yield 51 more jobs.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/manufacturing/automotive-industry/article/21097306/nissan-supplier-to-add-51-jobs-in-smyrna

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the corporate side of Franklin along Carothers Parkway.  Today.  

Last 2 photos were at a big construction site at Liberty  and Carothers never saw what was going in there but it is a lot of site development work going on. 

IMG_7414.JPG

IMG_7415.JPG

IMG_7416.JPG

IMG_7417.JPG

IMG_7418.JPG

IMG_7419.JPG

IMG_7420.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

One of the best looking towns in all of the South Franklin shines.  I love this little town and the new Harpeth Square project is nearing completion.   Photos this morning of the one of the prettiest towns in Dixie.  short brisk walk this morning.    No wonder Williamson County is so popular.  

Did you check out Leiper's Fork while in WilCo?  That's arguably the real gem of Williamson County...even though I agree...Franklin is really cool.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Did you check out Leiper's Fork while in WilCo?  That's arguably the real gem of Williamson County...even though I agree...Franklin is really cool.

No but next visit I will check it out.  I also saw this castle like building on a hill on I-840 what is that heading from 65 towards 24?  a house or something else. 

IMG_7473.JPG

• Like 2

oh yeah the Ramsey Solutions group new HQ wow Dave has built a great office way out there.  and I heard it is debt free or close to it.  

IMG_7468.JPG

IMG_7469.JPG

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

oh yeah the Ramsey Solutions group new HQ wow Dave has built a great office way out there.  and I heard it is debt free or close to it.  

Thing is...it may seem "way out there"...but that entire exit (Goose Creek / Peytonsville Rd) will eventually be as busy as the Cool Springs area.  All the way from Nashville to Saturn Parkway will be filled up in the next 20 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

There are several multi-story office buildings and a Hampton hotel on the opposite side of the interstate in the Berry Farms development, including Publix and a lot of residential. They're just getting going on the east side of I-65 and Dave Ramsey recently announced building #2

Also, Mars Innovation Center is just down the road off 840. And, of course, just down from there is Spring Hill which has the GM plant...and then Columbia with the Farm Bureau HQ... 

• Like 1

Holy crap, I never even knew that castle existed!  That is absolutely gorgeous!  @Baronakim you are a wealth of knowledge.  Thank you for all of your valuable contributions!  We're lucky to have you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1