Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

2 hours ago, FrankNash said:

I was told the other day that Schnieder would move the headquarters  from Boston to Nashville if we had a direct flight to Paris.  They love it here!

Well maybe we’d get a direct flight to Paris is they moved here! ;) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

This project completely slipped my notice. Is this what they’re building across from the Walmart?

Yes.  I think it is the unused land from the Southern Land McEwan project that currently has the Whole Foods strip mall, an office building and some condos. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

This project completely slipped my notice. Is this what they’re building across from the Walmart?

I think the project directly across Mallory from Walmart is Mallory Green, which is the office building that already topped out plus the Hyatt House and Staybridge Suites.  I think they said they have space to build another future office building as well.  Northside McEwen is an adjacent, but separate and much larger development that the same folks developing Capitol View in the city are doing.  I hadn't heard that Southern Land Company was involved, though.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bmkTN said:

I think the project directly across Mallory from Walmart is Mallory Green, which is the office building that already topped out plus the Hyatt House and Staybridge Suites.  I think they said they have space to build another future office building as well.  Northside McEwen is an adjacent, but separate and much larger development that the same folks developing Capitol View in the city are doing.  I hadn't heard that Southern Land Company was involved, though.

Ah, thanks. Yeah I knew where Northside McEwen was, I’ve seen that they’re doing a lot of earth-moving at the site recently. That Mallory Green one was news to me though. So many projects in the area, it’s kind of mind boggling when you combine these with the ones at Carothers-McEwen. Plus I think they’re going to be building something on the northeast side of the Carothers-Cool Springs Blvd intersection, near BWW. 

Another large mixed-use development in Cool Springs area announced.

A developer is pursuing an immense mixed-use project in Franklin's Cool Springs commercial hub, a project so large it would ring the entire roundabout at the crossroads it would call home.

Franklin-based The Parkes Cos. Inc. plans a development named Avalon that would contain 510 residential units and nearly 500,000 square feet of commercial space. Proposed features include almost 300,000 square feet of retail space, smaller amounts of restaurant and office space, a 530-seat movie theater, a potential grocery store and a day care, according to documents filed with the city of Franklin.

Avalon's plans include 122 town homes and 388 multifamily units, which could be apartments, condos or a blend of both. Plans also call for 73,000 square feet of restaurant space and 63,000 square feet of office space.

Officials with the city of Franklin are set to review the Avalon plans at an informal workshop scheduled for March 22.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/03/16/developer-reveals-massive-mixed-use-project-in.html

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.39.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.39.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.39.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.39.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.41.25 AM.png

• Like 4

5 story, 150 room SpringHill Suites announced for the Northside McEwen mixed-use development near Cool Springs.  Construction to begin this summer. As laid-out previously, the big $270 million project will also include 750,000 sq. ft. of office space, 100,000 sq. ft. of retail/restaurant, and 580 residential units.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/03/21/hotel-emerges-at-270m-mixed-use-development-in.html?ana=twt

Renderings of the hotel:

SpringHill Suites, Northside McEwen, Cool Springs, Mar 21, 2108, render 1.png

SpringHill Suites, Northside McEwen, Cool Springs, Mar 21, 2108, render 2.png

SpringHill Suites, Northside McEwen, Cool Springs, Mar 21, 2108, render 3.png

SpringHill Suites, Northside McEwen, Cool Springs, Mar 21, 2108, render 4.png

The site as it looks now:

Northside McEwen lot, Cool Springs, Mar 21, 2108, map.png

Renderings of the office/retail/residential portions:

Northside McEwen, Cool Springs, Mar 21, 2108, render 1.png

Northside McEwen, Cool Springs, Mar 21, 2108, render 2.png

• Like 3

Dorman Products. Inc. automotive supplier will invest $55 million to build a massive plant north of Nashville, igniting a hiring spree that will swell its headcount to almost 600 workers.

Dorman Products Inc.  announced the expansion on March 23. Panattoni Development Co., one of Greater Nashville's largest industrial developers, will build an 815,670-square-foot facility in Portland, Tenn., near the Kentucky border.

Dorman already employs 380 people in Portland. Dorman plans to hire 215 more employees — a 56 percent boost to its headcount.

Dorman's new production and distribution hub will be built on a 53-acre property that allows room for up to 200,000 square feet of potential future expansion, Panattoni said. The building, which Dorman will lease from Panattoni, is set to open by the end of this year. Alston Construction, a sister company of Panattoni, is building the facility.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/03/23/automotive-supplier-drives-ahead-with-55m.html

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 12.55.22 PM.png

• Like 3

A big chunk of Nashville Superspeedway has sold to Panattoni Development for $5.1 million. They are planning a nearly 700,000 sq. ft. industrial building as the first phase on the 147 acre parcel.  The developer will also serve as the master developer for Dover Motorsports of the entire 1,400 acre race track site.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 10.33.10 AM.png

ATLASBX Company, a division of Hankook Tire that manufactures car batteries, is building a $75 million plant that will employ abut 200 people in Clarksville.  Hankook also opened an $800 million plant in Clarksville last fall.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/04/04/hankook-sister-company-reveals-nashville-hq-new.html

• Like 4

A-Game Sportsplex, a Williamson County youth sports facility subject to months of uncertainty related to ownership changes, is to be sold to Franklin Fieldhouse owner Trigg Wilkes under the terms of a deal reached late last week.  

Wilkes, said he intends to keep A-Game as a sports facility, though it was not immediately clear whether the clubs that currently use it would remain after their leases lapse. 

Wilkes declined to share the agreed selling price. He said the building still needs an appraisal and an inspection. The purchasing deal could close within the next 30 days, he said.

It would be very prudent for him to bring at least one of the ice rinks back.  Perhaps he can expand the facility to include a couple. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/williamson/2018/04/09/game-sportsplex-has-new-buyer-likely-remain-sports-facility/498599002/

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 8.18.15 AM.png

• Like 1

Clarksville to potentially have a 40-50k sq ft, 1,000 seat conference center and  hotel by 2020. This is good news and is sorely needed, the bad news is that it will be off I-24 exit 4, already jam packed with traffic.

https://www.theleafchronicle.com/story/news/local/clarksville/2018/04/11/clarksville-convention-center-1-000-person-capacity-works/506559002/

Also, more info on the ATLASBX plant. 

http://www.clarksvilleonline.com/2018/04/04/atlasbx-to-build-first-u-s-plant-in-clarksville-tennessee/

• Like 3

A new 40 acre mixed-use site to be called Spring Hill South is to be developed by PGM Properties and will feature 25,000 sq. ft. retail (including a grocery store anchor), residential and medical/office space.

It will be located on Kedron Road south of the Saturn Parkway exit ramp, is tentatively planned to open in 2019.

More info behind Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21001356/new-images-released-for-rmh-project

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 1.13.04 PM.png

• Like 2

General Motors will add back a third production shift in September at its Spring Hill manufacturing plant, the company said, a move expected to bring back 700 jobs lost in 2017.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/04/25/gm-adds-third-shift-700-jobs-spring-hill-plant-acadia-and-cadillac-xt-5-crossovers/549569002/

• Like 2